Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons in chase to get the Wright man

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is that is putting me off, he scored something like 13 goals a season at that level, that isna alot, is it?  Compare it to others at that level is is an affa small amount, i'm sure it was manc don and myself talking about a couple of players in that league that scored something around 30 goals last season, they'd be a better options to be fair.

Kingston?

The standard is abysmal, there isn't much doubt about that. You do have to wonder why no-one in England higher up the league wants to take a punt on the guy with the money on offer down there.

Good to see the board making some real money available though but I would have preferred it had they coughed some dough to keep Hart. Be nice if this fella does his bit and appreciates in value, a return on the investment would be nice.

Pretty much my feelings when I saw that Touzani was going as well as all the rest that left.  losing Russell the season before for a hefty fee is fair enough, but then letting your next best player go for buttons when in reality something could have been done to keep him is incredibly short sighted and dare I say it, it ultimately cost us in the long run last season.

I think with Peter Thomson, the fact he is an international and perhaps the parallels with Kevin Doyle, have made him a more exciting proposition.  I watched that Youtube that someone posted the other day, and while I appreciate its difficult to make an informed judgement from a couple of minutes of video, the standard of goalkeeping and defending was reminiscent of Saturday afternoon down my local park in Nottingham.

he'd be a gamble... but, as reading found out, one that could pay-off big time!

I watched him in the derby when I was in Belfast and his positioning and off the ball running were excellent.

Good strikers instinct I thought.

Have heard that Cheltenham maybe one of the clubs looking at Thompson ;D. I came up for a game against Killie about 5 years ago when

pele was manager. Think we scraped a draw that day, I remember saying to my dad that a couple of cheltenham players could have done a better job for us that day. Never did I think after the season we've had we'd be looking at the same players.