Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Dickov - Thoughts?

Just had it mentioned to me that he's a free agent now.  I know that the chances of signing him are pretty slim, but just wandered what people's thoughts would be if we were to sign him?

Personally, I've not seen him play in a while so don't know what sort of level he's at (fitness, etc.), but from what I can remember of him I think he'd be a decent acquisition for a year or two.  Anyone seen him play recently?

Guess he's pushing on a bit now though?

Discuss

According to Wikiopedia he is 35 now. Saw he was at the Toronto F.C game the other night sitting next to Mo Johnstone, wonder if he is maybe moving to MLS. Could be a good back up and would be good for the youngsters to have an experianced striker around. Maybe turn into our main goal scorer like Brewster before he went to Caley.

gives 100% all the time chases everything,  pops up with the odd screamer now and again, ad like to see him playing far us

The thing about Dickov is that he's never really been prolific... and I think we have enough strikers who don't score goals regularly.

So, a 35 yr old Darren Mackie?

The thing about Dickov is that he's never really been prolific... and I think we have enough strikers who don't score goals regularly.

So, a 35 yr old Darren Mackie?

Aye, remember him being a busy wee c*nt, but not the most prolific striker around.  Scored 6 in 11 for Blackpool last season I see.