Mark Kerr - Dundee United to Aberdeen

Guest Robo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lre

But Kerr isn't a money grabbing twat.

Eh? But Nicholson already said he wasn't moving to the best paying club. Otherwise he would've seriously considered the offer from Aberdeen. Fact of the matter is, his latest contract would've been the last chance for him to really test himself at the highest level he could ever hope for before he retires ... hence his reasoning behind trying things in England. This is EXACTLY the same thing that Russell Anderson left us for. It wasn't for the money being offered by Aberdeen. It was for the chance to bow out at as high a level as he could possibly achieve.

I have no problems with a player wanting to aim higher than his current standard. Hence, I have no qualms about Nicholson leaving us. I mean, we know that Ah-bah-deen FC, are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. But we're not exactly in the best league in the world, are we?

lre

Eh? But Nicholson already said he wasn't moving to the best paying club. Otherwise he would've seriously considered the offer from Aberdeen. Fact of the matter is, his latest contract would've been the last chance for him to really test himself at the highest level he could ever hope for before he retires ... hence his reasoning behind trying things in England. This is EXACTLY the same thing that Russell Anderson left us for. It wasn't for the money being offered by Aberdeen. It was for the chance to bow out at as high a level as he could possibly achieve.

I have no problems with a player wanting to aim higher than his current standard. Hence, I have no qualms about Nicholson leaving us. I mean, we know that Ah-bah-deen FC, are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. But we're not exactly in the best league in the world, are we?

Have a look at Stoney's posts - he called Nicholson a money grabbing twat in one. ;)

Reekie-  When it came to the crunch Nicholson moved for the money, he expected a pretty big championship side to come in for him, one of the teams who were up at the top the whole season but missed out on the promotion, so when PNE came in for him how could he resist a chance to treble his wage and play in the bottom half of the championship.

Reekie-  When it came to the crunch Nicholson moved for the money, he expected a pretty big championship side to come in for him, one of the teams who were up at the top the whole season but missed out on the promotion, so when PNE came in for him how could he resist a chance to treble his wage and play in the bottom half of the championship.

I'm pretty sure Preston's board and supporters will be expecting the team to be challenging for a play off spot. They have been there or thereabouts on a few occasions.

With another midfielder signed, I wonder who JC will start with across the middle. Duff, Seve, Kerr, Macdonald, Foster, Smith. Thats 4 central midfielders or will seve get put in defence again. Thoughts?

Add JdV to that list.

JC is talking him up so he may be getting more time on the park next season.

Looks like we'll have Seve in defence.

Eurosport says he passed his medical this morning

Aberdeen have signed former Dundee United midfielder Mark Kerr on a two-year deal after he passed a medical on Monday morning.The 26-year-old, who has now trained with his new team-mates for the first time, will be allocated squad number eight, previously utilised by Barry Nicholson who left for Championship side Preston.

Kerr, who played for Falkirk prior to moving to Tannadice five years ago, joins Gary McDonald, Bertrand Bossu and Sam Stewart as manager Jimmy Calderwood's other close-season signings.

But if he had signed we would have seen a pic from the wee office?