Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Mark Kerr - Dundee United to Aberdeen

Guest Robo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the question has to be asked - why are united letting him go if hes that good?

Same reason we had to let Nicholson go. He wanted a fresh start elsewhere, as he's been at Tannalice for five years. That's a LONG time for footballers these days. Especially in Dundee! Five years in Dundee? No wonder his fitness levels are phenomenal ... constantly running from the minkers

Guest swaddon

Every time i have seen him hes been very good.

But the question has to be asked - why are united letting him go if hes that good?

Because United probably can't afford to keep him, and so a bigger club has been able to offer him more money and more chance of success.

Friends reunited as Kerr signs on

Pittodrie star Miller seals the deal

By Andrew Moir

Published: 03/07/2008

MARK Kerr today revealed old friend Lee Miller convinced him to join the Dons.

The former Dundee United midfielder has agreed a two-year deal with Aberdeen and will complete his move north on Monday.

The Evening Express reported in May that Jimmy Calderwood was in for Kerr.

The 26-year-old turned his back on a move to England to further his Scotland career and he could not be happier.

“I spoke to my old Dundee United pal Lee Miller and he couldn’t speak highly enough of the manager,†he said.

“I wouldn’t say Lee’s words alone convinced me, but they were good to hear.

“It’s a great move. Jimmy Calderwood impressed me with his ambition and I know Aberdeen are a big club.

“I thought it would be best for my career if I headed to England.

“But I began to realise that the SPL’s getting better, and I can still improve playing up here.

“I also want to play for Scotland one day and playing for Jimmy at Aberdeen can help me do that.â€

Calderwood has vowed to help his latest recruit Kerr fulfil his international dream.

The former Falkirk man already has one B cap, but wants a place in George Burley’s senior squad.

And Calderwood couldn’t be happier to beat off competition from a host of English clubs to finally land his man.

“Had Mark opted to go down south it would probably have been at a club lower than the Championship,†said Calderwood.

“No disrespect, but that was never going to help his case in terms of breaking into the Scotland set-up.

“I’m convinced if he can perform well for Aberdeen then George Burley will take notice.

“He’s certainly not going to be forgotten about which could have happened had he slipped into the lower leagues.

“Mark was a vital cog in Dundee United’s team and I’m just pleased he’s coming our way.

“He used to allow guys like Willo Flood, Morgaro Gomis and Barry Robson to express themselves, so he should help the likes of Jamie Smith.

“Although he played more as a holding player for Dundee United, he’s still a very good passer.

“He’s also a gem in the dressing room so should fit in well with the rest of the lads.† :rofl:

Very good signing by JC, and an unexpected one at that as I for one thought that we'd missed our chance with Kerr. 

Regardless what anyone thinks of JC, he's managed to acquire another good player on a free transfer.  Says something about him that he's managed to convince another player up here to Aberdeen.  Still got some work to do but we've got the makings of a pretty decent side for next season.

Getting the left-back position sorted out must be next on the list.  Hope he can pull something else out of the bag. *crossesfingers*

is he better then nicolson, nooooooop so thats not an improvement is it :thumbsup:

He's a different player to Nicholson. Kerr isn't as dynamic but I think he's more comfortable and clever with the ball. You'll see less punt from the back with Kerr in the team as he will offer himself where not many from the midfield did last season.

I don't think you've been very objective with your assessment.

Guest Robo

Fuck knows what it means for Touzani right enough...

We'll find out VERY soon, heard from a good friend we'll find out whats happening with him soon.

Can't reveal his name though, because its protected by data protection act.