Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New striker

Guest Caroline B

We were told that we'd have 10 new players in before the start of pre season training. 3 in so far and a week to go. I smell BS coming from Pittodrie and I'm not talking about Jimmy's aftershave!

We were told that we'd have 10 new players in before the start of pre season training. 3 in so far and a week to go. I smell BS coming from Pittodrie and I'm not talking about Jimmy's aftershave!

No no; you're wrong. It is Jimmy's aftershave. The smell tends to linger nastily. Anyway, it's not as if JC/WM would lie to us about new signings! Would they?

"It's great to have Jamie Smith back; he'll be like a new signing. You can strike one off that list of ten, Willie."

"Great, Jimmy. What about the youth players we're promoting? Can we count them as well?"

"Aye Willie, that's grand. Four down, plus the three new signings. That's seven in total."

"Mind we had them three Dutch lads in on trial, Jimmy."

"Smashing. That's ten. Pub?"

GET THE FUCKING FINGER OUT, AFC.

We weren't strong enough to compete with Motherwell last year. Our team has only got weaker since then.

DO YOU NEED A FUCKING PICTURE?

:finger:

They do sweetchuck but I can't imagine Calderwood won't spend all of the budget available to him, meaning he can only sign a limited amount and that budget is set by other folk. Usual suspects again.

You could probably include Miller as a new signing too, they really will say that, mark my words.

Same will probably be said about Duff as well.

They do sweetchuck but I can't imagine Calderwood won't spend all of the budget available to him, meaning he can only sign a limited amount and that budget is set by other folk. Usual suspects again.

You could probably include Miller as a new signing too, they really will say that, mark my words.

In terms of your second point, sadly, you're absolutely right. If Maybury stays, the same will be true for him, although in his case, he is closer to being a new signing than Miller, despite not actually really being one.

In terms of your first point, I agree with what you say. I don't doubt that Calderwood will spend whatever money is available to him. My problem is that he's likely to spunk it all on another McNamara or Dungfermline no-hoper.

Maybe we should actually be thankful we're so fucking dozy in the transfer market sometimes. After all, if rumours are to be believed and we had our skates on earlier in the summer, we could well have been counting Darren Young as one of the illustrious new signings.

My problem is that he's likely to spunk it all on another McNamara or Dungfermline no-hoper.

I didn't think McNamara was going to be such an abortion of a signing and display everthing wrong with a fitba player.

Same could be said about Lovell, a signing that promised much and seemed a good signing but ultimately was total shite.