Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Murdo McLeod - what a wanker!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7419251.stm

Have a read of Murdo's "Team Of The Season". Basically the entire team is made up of Rangers and Celtic players. There's the odd United player in there. He goes on about the United players as if they've done something phenomenal this season. And the only Aberdeen player to get a mention was Barry Nicholson. Barry didn't get into his team, but Murdo mentioned him in the midfield as he was "Mr Consistent in a patchy Aberdeen". Erm, excuse me. Where did Aberdeen finish the season? And tell me, where did United finish?

We didn't have a stand out player which isn't always a bad thing. None of them should have made a team of the year. However I still don't understand the hard-on the media have over utd finishing 5th after everything us and well achieved.

We didn't have a stand out player which isn't always a bad thing. None of them should have made a team of the year. However I still don't understand the hard-on the media have over utd finishing 4th after everything us and well achieved.

FAIL.

Oh aye. Daft mistake.

We don't buy quality or 'flare' players so I'm not surprised that people fail to include any of them in their top teams.

The other side of the coin is we have a team full of Brazillians who we sell off to the O.F. each season and finish midtable.

I wouldn't be too hard on McLeod, he suffered a severe head trauma a few years back and never really recovered.  ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/7419251.stm

Have a read of Murdo's "Team Of The Season". Basically the entire team is made up of Rangers and Celtic players. There's the odd United player in there. He goes on about the United players as if they've done something phenomenal this season. And the only Aberdeen player to get a mention was Barry Nicholson. Barry didn't get into his team, but Murdo mentioned him in the midfield as he was "Mr Consistent in a patchy Aberdeen". Erm, excuse me. Where did Aberdeen finish the season? And tell me, where did United finish?

Which of our players would you put in an SPL Team of the Season?

Still, his selection is a joke, but then he's about the worst football pundit on the go in Scotland. Fuck me, even Mrs 'Chuck is a better judge of a player than Murdo McLeod.

4 out of 5 defensive positions filled by Huns, two of whom only played half a season? Don't think so, Murdo. Check the goal difference: Rangers' defence conceded almost 30% more goals than Celtic's.

McGregor ahead of Boruc? Nope.

Weir ahead of McManus? Nope.

Kalvenes ahead of Hammell? Nope.

Noel Hunt at right wing? Nope.

Mark Kerr ahead of Stephen Hughes? Nope.

In short, I don't think he's got it wrong in terms of omitting our players, but some of his decisions are baffling.

Guest Caroline B

You weren't specific enough ST! Just filled in the blanks for you. I know how old age can affect the grey matter  ;D

Guest swaddon

Murdo McLeod is a newspaper columnist because he knows too little about football to be a manager. His opinions mean less to me than anyone else.

I ain't whinging about the fact that there's no Aberdeen players in that list. The amount of injuries we had to just about every single Aberdeen player meant that we achieved 4th place thanks to a phenomenal effort from the entire squad, not just individuals.

But my point is more aiming at questioning why the likes of McLeod wanks over United getting 5th, whilst the "patchy" Dons barely get a mention for coming in 4th.

Just depends on how you look at the manner in which we finished fourth - some look at it as a massive achievement and we had a really good season - fair play to you, looking at the positives.

Myself being a dour faced cunt thought we were lucky and 4th flattered us and we didnt ahve that great a season last year.

Whatever your viewpoint media wanks are always going to bum up certain players. Hughes for motherwell was probably the best player we played against last year yet because he doesnt play for one of the "bigger" clubs he wont get a mention thats just the press.

Just depends on how you look at the manner in which we finished fourth - some look at it as a massive achievement and we had a really good season - fair play to you, looking at the positives.

We weren't lucky to finish 4th we deserved it.

Hands up ANYONE who has said it was a massive achievement to finish 4th?

Hands up ANYONE who thought we had a really good season?

No-one? Thought so.

We had a decent season based on league position and 2 cup semis and Europe. In addition to that was some fucking shocking football. We could have had a great season had the board fronted up in January and before but alas no.

We weren't lucky to finish 4th we deserved it.

Hands up ANYONE who has said it was a massive achievement to finish 4th?

Hands up ANYONE who thought we had a really good season?

No-one? Thought so.

We had a decent season based on league position and 2 cup semis and Europe. In addition to that was some fucking shocking football. We could have had a great season had the board fronted up in January and before but alas no.

Spot on. Mirrors my own thoughts. We were so close to having a great season.