Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2007/2008 - How was it for you?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Hibs and Kilmarnock games in February kind of sums it up and both ended in 3-1 defeats.

Hibs we dominated so much in the first half and should have been 4 or 5 up at half time but only 1 up. Then 2nd half we didnt really come out and play the same way but 3-1 was not a fair reflection on the play.

Killie we was the worst i've seen us play in years it was an abortion of a performance and would have happily got rid of every single one of them after that game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been back since either but it is strange you felt the need to make additional negative comments to games yet didn't make any reference to some very impressive performances.

I actually agreed with a lot of your good bad averages btw.

I only commented cause the ones i put negative marks against hibs away for example 3-3 would normally be a fantastic result down there! but being 3-1 up i left the game gutted

2007/2008

Scottish Premier Hibernian 3-1 Aberdeen 17-02-2008

Scottish Premier Hibernian 3-3 Aberdeen 25-08-2007

2006/2007

Scottish FA Cup Hibernian 4-1 Aberdeen 18-01-2007

Scottish Premier Hibernian 0-0 Aberdeen 02-01-2007

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-1 Aberdeen 29-07-2006

2005/2006

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-2 Aberdeen 14-01-2006

2004/2005

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-2 Aberdeen 14-05-2005

Scottish Premier Hibernian 2-1 Aberdeen 11-12-2004

Played 8

Won 2

Draw 3

Lost 3

Under JC - So yes i would say a 3-3 draw would be a good result!

2007/2008

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 2-1 Hibernian

Scottish Premier Hibernian 3-1 Aberdeen 17-02-2008

Scottish Premier Hibernian 3-3 Aberdeen 25-08-2007

2006/2007

Scottish FA Cup Hibernian 4-1 Aberdeen 18-01-2007

Scottish FA Cup Aberdeen 2-2 Hibernian

Scottish Premier Hibernian 0-0 Aberdeen 02-01-2007

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-1 Aberdeen 29-07-2006

2005/2006

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-2 Aberdeen 14-01-2006

2004/2005

Scottish Premier Hibernian 1-2 Aberdeen 14-05-2005

Scottish Premier Hibernian 2-1 Aberdeen 11-12-2004

Scottish Premier Aberdeen 3-0 Hibernian

Played 11

Won 4

Draw 4

Lost 3

Under JC - So yes i would say a 3-3 draw would be a below average result!

Though that doesn't look a very exhaustive list.

I'll be a moaning faced c*nt and say there were too many lows yet again. The European run was a great bonus but yet again we fail to reach a cup final. And to lose 4 goals in each semi is piss poor. We have such a poor record of late and I'd just love to see us in a final. So many pish teams have made the final over the last few years and this year we got favorable draws and a little luck at Parkhead but still couldn't make it.

League form was disappointing most of the time as well. I do feel we have as much talent as everyone in the league except the old firm yet we don't play to our potential. Plus we are god awful to watch most of the time.

I suppose being brought up as a dons fan since 1980 I have seen good performances and success that I just expect better than the dross we see on a regular basis. The Euro run was fun but I don't understand how 6th in the league and no cup final yet again can be seen as a successful season.

At the start of the season I commented that I would have been content by giving a good account of ourselves in our European game, a decent cup run and a solid top six position.

Now, given that it is still possible for us to finish in 4th - the above may well come true, but it still leaves me feeling deflated. Yeah, on paper it sounds good but it doesn't actually reflect reality.

The European adventure was great and by far my best experience of following Aberdeen. Dnipro was magnificent even if our tactics that night resembled Walter Smiths in the Uefa Cup. But hey, we scored a goal and deserved to go through. Copenhagen night was superb and looking back, if you'd said that the price to pay was that we'd scrape into the top 6 with shite performances for the majority of the season - I'd still accept it, just for that feeling again. To top it off with playing Bayern, matching them at home and getting a fantastic trip to the Allianz - thats the stuff of dreams given recent seasons.

The reality: quite mediocre and at times, incredibly poor footballing performances with the ultimate low of the defeat to Queen of the South and embarrasing defeat at the hands of Utd. Good cup runs, which should have ended in at least one final and certainly European football again next season. That hurt, and truthfully - it still does. So much so that I still haven't decided on my season ticket renewal until we rebuild the squad.

Yet, the season isn't over. A 4th place finish and denying Rangers the league on the last day of the season may just be enough for me to have my faith restored in AFC for next season. Because I'm a fickle bastard.

What about the 3-0 at Pittodrie and the 2-2 in the cup at Pittodrie.

well erm......... they were at pittodrie, my point was that easter road is a tough venue for us and a 3-3 draw would usually be classed as a good result,  :thumbsup:

Too many lows, not enough highs.

The strange thing is that the highs: Dnipro, Copenhage, Munich(h), celtic in the cup, were stunningly brilliant highs, some of the best I've experienced as a dandy. 

Yet on the other hand we had some of the lowest points I can think of, particularly the two cup semis and probably the worst performance, outside the end of the Pele era, that I have ever witnessed in our defeat at Rugby park aftet Munich.

The league season in general has been poor, with a feeling of disappoint and frustration to often.

The UEFA cup was always going to be a bonus and tbh papered over the fairly substantial cracks in the squad.

Having said all that the season could have been a good one if either the recent well game or a cup semi had gone our way, but they didn't and the fact that I haven't been back since the semifinal tells it's own story.

It's been a great season, my best ever as a Dandy. I just wish those few lows wern't so low. Luckily i've missed an embarrassingly large number of league games this season, which means i've mised loads of guff and seen all the great stuff (except Aluko's goal against Munich, still can't believe I missed it)

I'm sitting on the fence. The home games v Bayern and Copenhagen were good. The trip to Munich was great even if the result was shite. The semi finals need no words. My seaosn ticket renewal depends on our last game v Rangers.

We have nothing to play for remember!

120k*** for potentially jumping up the table by 2 places???

That could potentially pay for securing Maybury..

***based on the 60k a place prize money (this might have changed)***

money they dont really need! They have a couple of million at least coming in for fletcher! doubt they will be bursting a gut to win the game - will no doubt be treated as a friendly by the two teams!

Even when United are playing Celtic?