Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Aberdeen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old student card got me in for cheap tonight (and one of the globes costco cards) but the guy in the turnstile didnt have a care. The police man even had a laugh with me a about it whilst checking my bag

half of your support are students - apparently  ;)

Was I the only fucker that paid full price tonight?

And I've got a costco card too. :

The old student card got me in for cheap tonight (and one of the globes costco cards) but the guy in the turnstile didnt have a care. The police man even had a laugh with me a about it whilst checking my bag

£9!

Must win game for us to take us 6 points clear of hearts and tucked in behind the huns.  As long as we don't give Mcdonald too much space i think we will be fine and record a comfortable 2-0 win.

Hmmm maybe i should start one for the huns game, or maybe call my bookie?

If its any consolation I paid full price as well mate.... but then again it is kind of difficult claiming cheap admisssion when you're an auld fucker

Can't wait to see that goal again, what a belter.

Two goals in three games and a MoM-worthy performance in the one in the middle - keep up the good work Ricky!

P&J article: http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=149213&command=displayContent&sourceNode=149206&contentPK=16868279&folderPk=85709&pNodeId=149229

Aberdeen last night kept the pressure on Rangers for the second Champions League place with a 1-0 win against Motherwell at Fir Park.

A Marc Fitzpatrick own goal and a fabulous strike from Richard Foster gave Jimmy Calderwood's side victory in a hard fought encounter and closed the gap on Rangers to four points.

More importantly the lead on fourth placed Hearts has been extended to six points, with just eight games of the SPL season remaining. With CIS League Cup finalists Hibernian and Kilmarnock well behind, the Dons are firmly in the driving seat in the race for Europe at this crucial stage of the season.

With the two sides due to meet at Ibrox on Saturday, last night's result, the Dons' fifth win in the last six games, maintained the fine run of form and also equalled the Pittodrie club's final points tally of 54 from last season with eight games to spare.

The hard fought victory against the Steelmen ended their hopes of overhauling Kilmarnock for sixth place in the SPL, but provided further evidence of the Dons' ability to grind out results.

In Calderwood's first season in charge, he guided the team to a fourth place finish courtesy of a new-found resilience in defence. Last season, in comparison, was considered a disappointment with a late scramble to reach the top six achieved, but only just.

This campaign, however, has brought a return to the defensive strength shown two years ago - with only champions-elect Celtic boasting a better record - and a far more potent attacking threat courtesy of Darren Mackie, Steve Lovell, Lee Miller and veteran forward Craig Brewster.

Brewster, who arrived in late December, has proved an inspired acquisition, even at the age of 40. The former Caley Thistle and Dundee United manager has made only fleeting appearances due to a dislocated shoulder, but his guile and ability to bring his team-mates into play has given the Reds an all important variation to their attack in the business end of the season.

Brewster was so impressive in Saturday's win against Hearts that he kept his place in the starting line-up last night ahead of fit-again Mackie, who had recovered from his tonsillitis.

Brewster's physical attributes were evident in the 12th minute when he put Jim Paterson under pressure in the box and the Well defender chested the ball past his home keeper, Graeme Smith. Referee Dougie McDonald, however, disallowed the goal for an apparent barge by the veteran Dons forward on the Well full back.

On the day Barry Nicholson was ruled out for six weeks with a fractured shoulder blade, manager Calderwood suffered another blow in the 25th minute when defender Karim Touzani limped off with a groin strain, but the visitors broke the deadlock when they benefited hugely from a piece of good fortune in the 36th minute.

Andrew Considine's excellent through ball was flicked on by Brewster and looked to be falling to Jamie Smith. Well defender FITZPATRICK had to lunge in an attempt to cut out the danger, but he succeeded only in lobbing his onrushing keeper and the ball looped over Smith and into the net.

Within a minute it really should have been 2-0 when the home defence failed to clear a Chris Clark cross, but Smith saw his shot from 12 yards saved by Well keeper Smith.

The home side offered a far greater attacking threat in the second half, but Calderwood's men defended well with captain Russell Anderson again outstanding with a series of excellent blocking tackles.

His team-mates, to be fair, provided able support by doing the little things like winning 50-50 challenges and second balls well. On the one occasion they didn't cut out a Well cross, Kriztian Vadocz could only hit the post from six yards.

Having weathered the storm the Dons pushed for a second goal to kill off the home side, but referee McDonald incurred the wraith of the visiting supporters in the final quarter of the game when he showed Foster a yellow card for what he perceived to be a dive just outside the box from the Don when challenged by Well captain Stephen Craigan.

In the end, the somewhat bemusing officiating by the referee mattered little as FOSTER secured the points with a magnificent 25 yard strike which flew past Smith into the keeper's top left hand corner and the result now sets up a crucial game at Rangers this weekend.

The spotlight in the national press has been firmly on the marked improvement of Rangers's results since Walter Smith returned to Ibrox as manager, but Aberdeen have quietly gone about their business in keeping alive their pursuit of the Light Blues.

Should they end their dismal record and win at Ibrox on Saturday for the first time in 16 years though, they will be firmly in the spotlight for the remainder of the campaign.

Just watched them on RedTV. What was Fitzpatrick thinking?! But what a strike from Foster, just as good on TV as it was being there.

On the RedTV goals bit, when McDonald had the chance in the 88th minute did anyone else notice Zander diving trying to block the ball as if he was going to use his hand to stop it again? Thankfully I didn't notice that last night!!

Guest borderterrier

I just sat through the whole of the shitty scottish news, missed hollyoaks, watched them bleat on for about 3 hours about Rangers and fucking cricket, and then they didnt even show the game.  Cunts.

I just sat through the whole of the shitty scottish news, missed hollyoaks, watched them bleat on for about 3 hours about Rangers and fucking cricket, and then they didnt even show the game.  Cunts.

Showed the goals on STV news........

Guest borderterrier

i dont get crappy stv as the signal is too weak, although in fairness to them i do live at least a mile from where it's broadcast.  >:(

i dont get crappy stv as the signal is too weak, although in fairness to them i do live at least a mile from where it's broadcast.  >:(

I get NO terrestrial telly (or radio). I HAVE to have satellite if I want to watch/listen to any broadcast and those nucts have just sent me a TV licence reminder. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! >:(

just watched it on RedTV as I also watched Reporting Scotland in the mistaken belief that they might report on scottish sport yet our game never even got a mention

Have to say looked like we road our luck in the 2nd half but the game should have been over by HT.

Cracking goal by foster

and I'm sure everytime brewster moved I could here his arthritic joints creak and crack