Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Official - McNamara is offski

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated story

Jimmy Calderwood confirmed at lunchtime that Jackie McNamara has left the club.

Jimmy spoke to the former Celt this morning and it was agreed that he would leave with immediate effect.

"He had a year left in his contract but he has decided not to take it up. It is very sad for us. He is a great professional and it has been a pleasure to work with him."

"I didn't want a knee-jerk reaction following the disappointments of the Queen of the South game and gave him time to discuss matters with his family. However between travelling and injuries it's been a frustrating spell for him and he's decided to leave. He'll certainly be a big loss"

Shame it didn't work out but you won't be missed Jackie.  :wave:

Was never going to work. Guy was finished before he came here. He hardly played in over two years before he came to us as his knees were gone and should not have been touched. And before people say anything about 20/20 hindsight please look at old posts on AFC chat and on here when we first signed him and you will say me saying something similar.

Backs up my suspicion that professional footballers are the biggest bunch of drama queens out there.

I've worked with hundreds of men and women who spend their working week away from their families so they can give them a better standard of living.  I've also worked with plenty who have over 2 hours daily commute to and from work who just get on with it.  But poor Jackie can't manage to drive up to Aberdeen a couple times a week.   ::)

Tough fucking tittie.

You shouldn't need to ask.  If you're paying someone a wage and they're turning up fucked then either you bin them or tell them to move because it's effecting their work.

Thoughts?

Mair and Langfield?

Was never going to work. Guy was finished before he came here. He hardly played in over two years before he came to us as his knees were gone and should not have been touched. And before people say anything about 20/20 hindsight please look at old posts on AFC chat and on here when we first signed him and you will say me saying something similar.

Yes yes, you were right. :thumbsup:

Anyway, he's gone. :ultras:

Cannot believe that Claderwood tried to keep him. Should have been offering to pack his bag for him and carry it to the car.

He's hardly going to come out and say 'Thank fuck for that.' Just looks like standard practice when someone's leaving to me - 'great professional, big loss, etc etc.'

Exactly, he should be told in no uncertain terms that he's expected at training at 9am, Monday to Friday for the next year.  If he's got a problem with that it's up to him to negotiate a way out. 

"We won't be too hard to deal with."  ::)

Why the fuck not, nobody ever does us any favours.  As usual afc roll over and get shafted up the arse, the way the club is run is often baffling.

I know we won't miss Jackie, but there is principle at stake here.

Well the other ways of doing it are:

•  We demand he honours his contract, then he does a Kiriakov and probably doesn’t even get a game at the weekend.  We end up paying for a player that doesn’t bother putting the effort into training and doesn’t play where we are then wasting a wage.

•  We pay off his contract for the remaining time he has left just to get him off the books which wastes money we could spend on new players.

Personally I think we’ve got the best deal possible.

You're so dull when you're being sensible.  ;)

It is of course better to have a dis-interested player off the pay roll, but it just seems like afc getting fucked about again.

So who will replace Russell's replacement?  Scott Wilson?  :doh:

Nah, Livingstone have just had an investment from a Celtic fan. If i was a betting man, i'd put my house on him ending up there. However, the last person who told me they'd do that was very wrong indeed.

I like the way he's just leaving. No notice period, no "i'll leave at the end of the season", just "i'm off". So long you cowardly wage thief.

Nah, Livingstone have just had an investment from a Celtic fan. If i was a betting man, i'd put my house on him ending up there. However, the last person who told me they'd do that was very wrong indeed.

I like the way he's just leaving. No notice period, no "i'll leave at the end of the season", just "i'm off". So long you cowardly wage thief.

:lolabove: