Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

ECL: HJK vs Dons

4 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Frustration is probably the feeling i have about this campaign. We were just not quite at it. Competitive in every game and should have beaten this mob twice as well as PAOK. Thank fuck we avoided any injuries tonight though, looked hellish out there!

In fairness, tonight's game was just a kick about for a laugh. We even got to play that lad up front in the first half that won the charity raffle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

In fairness, tonight's game was just a kick about for a laugh. We even got to play that lad up front in the first half that won the charity raffle.

I doubt the money men see it that way. 430k more for a win then a draw and we've not managed a single one.

Again I have the same feeling as I've had after PAOK and Rangers - I don't know if we're a good team or not. 

Awful first half, second half where with better conditions we maybe win the game.

I've got to say, the more games he plays the less I'm impressed with Rubezic. He's a 'attack everything in the box' kind of player like MacDonald so he has his used, but he's not a footballer and gives me the fear constantly.

Worth noting the Rangers and Frankfurt results tonight went our way.

PAOK have won the group so Frankfurt have nothing to play for at Pittodrie. So we can rest players and maybe still have a chance of a result if they send over a shadow team.

But Rangers will be in Seville three days before the cup final probably needing a result.

16 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That doesn't anything like MacDonald. Did you mean Pollock?

Probably. Was tired and working. I was sure I had actually written he was a more likeable version of Ash Taylor.

But if you're saying we should sign Pollock in January and send Rubezic out on loan, then I agree with you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Probably. Was tired and working. I was sure I had actually written he was a more likeable version of Ash Taylor.

But if you're saying we should sign Pollock in January and send Rubezic out on loan, then I agree with you.

And people wonder why the BBC articles are so full of mistakes……

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got home at 11.50pm last night 

Absolutely fantastic trip and more than made up for the issues I had health wise in Frankfurt.

I have followed Aberdeen for forty three years in European football and can honestly say that Helsinki is without doubt that the favourite place I have visited with AFC.

Let's get the finger out and get the opportunity for new or old destinations in season 2024/25.

Stand Free

• Like 2