Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

ECL: HJK vs Dons

Looks like it should be nice and cold for this one. No doubt the fans will have a suitable form of warming available to them. This really should have been the decider, gutted it’s meaningless, but pride is still at stake. Would be nice to get a couple of decent results before ending our euro campaign. 

question is, what team do we play? Do we actually care and go with the regulars or do we throw in a bunch of reserves?

out

bed

Work

Work

2-1, miovski and Barron 

Not so sure about nice and cold but certainly cold.

Helsinki SLO tweeting that forecast temperature during the game taking into account wind chill factor could be as low as -17 🙄

I don't like the cold, it's not good at my age, God knows what possessed me to book this trip. Might have been blinkered by the fact that the Saturday morning the fixtures were confirmed I was lying on a sun lounger on a Greek beach with the temp in the 30's.

We need to play as strong a team as we can. Pride is at stake and also 500,000 euros for a victory, so not to be sniffed at. Our performances in Europe have been pretty respectable to date, lets keep it going and get what we deserve this time out.

In

Pre match activities

Away end

Post match activities

0-1 Miovski 

We still have prize money to play for so don’t think we can afford not have a go at this. I would be surprised if there were many changes. Would expect McKenzie to come back in for Duncan but not much else. I don’t think McGarry showed enough on Sunday to move in front of McKenzie. 

Was supposed to be on my way to Helsinki this morning but work has interfered and can no longer make it. Gutted doesn’t cover it but on plus side I have been guaranteed getting two weeks for Euros in June. 

Oot

work

tv 

work

2-1 Miovski double to cement his sale in January 

27 minutes ago, Jute said:

We still have prize money to play for so don’t think we can afford not have a go at this. I would be surprised if there were many changes. Would expect McKenzie to come back in for Duncan but not much else. I don’t think McGarry showed enough on Sunday to move in front of McKenzie. 

Was supposed to be on my way to Helsinki this morning but work has interfered and can no longer make it. Gutted doesn’t cover it but on plus side I have been guaranteed getting two weeks for Euros in June. 

Oot

work

tv 

work

2-1 Miovski double to cement his sale in January 

FFS, that's shite min

Will your travel insurance cover the cost ?

27 minutes ago, Panda said:

Ian Crocker said in commentary that Mackenzie has done his hamstring and could be out for a while.

Ahh, that's shite. Much as I think he has his limitations, he's been good this season and is exactly the type of aggressive player we need. He's had a real hard time with injuries in his short career. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Panda said:

Ian Crocker said in commentary that Mackenzie has done his hamstring and could be out for a while.

Missed that as was at the game. That’s a shame for the lad as felt he had done enough to be our first choice at left back/wing back although his competition isn’t great. Have to hope McGarry has learned to defend in his time out. 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Seen many other dandies kicking about? Or is the Scottish skin ensuring camouflage with the snow?

Loads here already.

Our hotel is full of them

In a pub full of Dons supporters.

Fairly quiet just now but reckon it will liven up shortly

• Like 1

IMG_4161.thumb.jpeg.e4f7068af5e45df5f818d7022a8e8afd.jpeg

The B team out.

Good to see MacDonald, Milne and Gueye start - chance to have a good look at the last two in particular.

Be interesting to see what the formation is, don't see a recognised right wing back there. Milne perhaps, or he might play more central with Duncan or Hayes switched to there.

Edited by Panda

14 minutes ago, Panda said:

The B team out.

Good to see MacDonald, Milne and Gueye start - chance to have a good look at the last two in particular.

Be interesting to see what the formation is, don't see a recognised right wing back there. Milne perhaps, or he might play more central with Duncan or Hayes switched to there.

Yep, agreed, great to see them get a run out. I can't fathom the line up. We could be playing a back four, because these lads weren't up to much, but it would seem a little unusual to bugger about with formations and personnel. Milne at right wing back (as opposed to right back in a four) seems a lot to ask of him. A large part of me would like to see Rubezic marauding that flank for a laugh. Would like to see Duncan play in behind the front two, but expect it'll be Hayes there. 

Has the distinct air of a preseason friendly about it, so looking forward to it.

18 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Turned it on just in time to see their goal. Not sure about the thinking behind playing Rubezic right of the three instead of MacDonald. Surely MacDonald is the more obvious replacement for Gartenmann, whilst reducing the number of positional changes?

^ Pish. MacDonald should be centre forward 

• Haha 1

First time seeing Gueye, looks quite good at holding it up with the ball at his feet, despite the conditions. Duk has been complete pish, clearly doesn’t fancy it.

Milne good so far but bit concerned he’s been left isolated to defend so often, but then if it’s Rubezic who should be covering he’s probably best left alone. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

The B team out.

Totally unacceptable from Robson

1500 of us have been cheated by this team selection

• Like 1

Hopefully that half will put to bed any shouts that we should be using the squad much more! That team would struggle against any SPFL side. Polvara a very poor replacement for Shinnie, Milne isn't Devlin and Rubezic being asked to play football is just downright dangerous. Top marks to the front two though, who are competing admirably for the position of fourth pick striker. Duk playing like he's never played for, and Gueye is what I imagine it would be like to play a young Zander Diamond up front. His legs seem to be being controlled by someone watching the game on a dodgy stream eight seconds behind. 

We're still in it though, thanks to that peach from MacDonald. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

First time seeing Gueye, looks quite good at holding it up with the ball at his feet, despite the conditions. Duk has been complete pish, clearly doesn’t fancy it.

Milne good so far but bit concerned he’s been left isolated to defend so often, but then if it’s Rubezic who should be covering he’s probably best left alone. 

Eh!?! You watching a different Gueye to me? Can’t hold the ball at all and is just conceding fouls all the time. Hard to judge if he’s pish because of the conditions. It’s clear he hasn’t played much as there’s zero connection with the others.

• Like 1

I know he's young and that, but at times Rubezic worries you, and tonight he's been switched to the right side of defence where he's been more exposed. Helsinki are targeting that area with cross balls to get their wide man running at him and Milne (who has played okay).

(Will regret this next line at full-time) Would like to see Dadia come on and see what he's got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Eh!?! You watching a different Gueye to me? Can’t hold the ball at all and is just conceding fouls all the time. Hard to judge if he’s pish because of the conditions. It’s clear he hasn’t played much as there’s zero connection with the others.

He’s managed to draw a few fouls and dance around their full back out wide a couple of times. From what I’d heard of him from previous appearances I was expecting a lot worse, I’m maybe just easily pleased. 

• Haha 2