Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes. Worth it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly don't think any of the Championship clubs that consider themselves "Premier League promotion contenders" even give McInnes a second thought. He is not a name that would excite their fans, he's already had a shot at Bristol City where he was at best underwhelming and isn't known for getting his teams playing an exciting brand of attacking football.

His best chance would be at Championship club trying to avoid relegation.....Rotherham, Brentford or the like. Ipswich was one where I thought he might have a chance but they went for a "usual suspect" in Lambert, who has by all accounts been disastrous and looks like he will get them relegated before February is out. In which case the job could be available again fairly soon.

To be honest TC I wasn't rerally suggesting that I believe McInnes was a serious contender for the role BUT it's winter break, the red tops in Scotland are keen to create stories and I'd be very surprised if they didn't start trying to link McInnes to any vacant Championship job.

I honestly beleive that Steve Clarke might be a more serious contender and more acceptable to their support. Possibility that Clarke might be starting to think that he has built his stock up considerably and starting to see his team break up (Jones to THEM, Stewart back to Brum and Brophy getting linked with Leeds Utd).

Does the lure of staying back in his native Ayrshire outweigh any desire he might have to move back south of the border again ?

Don't know, just thinking out aloud  :dunno:

Wholeheartedly agree that Clarke is a far more viable option. Is a far bigger name than DM down south and far better reputation. If an offer came, even from an EFL 1 club, I think he would jump at the chance.....purely by reason he moved south to Chelsea in 87 and all his career was down south till the Killie job came up. Up here I think only ourselves, Hivs, Hearts and Celtic would be jobs that would attract him (no to sevco for obvious reasons)

If he does indeed lose those 3 players this month then I think Killie's season is probably fucked but he would still have them finishing 5th or 6th.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Another day, another Championship club looking for a manager.

How long before McInnes is quoted for the Notts Forest job  :dunno:

That one has surely got Nigel Clough's name all over it

And so it starts  ;)

Slavisa Jokanovic 5/4

Martin O'Neill 6/1

Nigel Clough 8/1

David Moyes 9/1

Roy Keane 10/1

Sam Allardyce 12/1

Derek McInnes 14/1

Mark Hughes 14/1

Alan Pardew 16/1