Author Topic: Chris Forrester - Finished?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -142
Re: Chris Forrester - Finished?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
Suicide is at unbelievable proportions in the armed forces, or at least it used to be when I was close enough to it, not that it gets reported widely. The bullying culture is almost taken as an occupational hazard. Tragic for the family.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline RicoS321

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 66
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 10:52:46 PM »
Was it suicide? It just said sudden death (or Golden Goal as it was called for a while).

Shame like. Wasn't aware that suicide was rife in the forces, but I suppose it makes sense. I assumed that bullying was actually part of the training if you know what I mean? I couldn't hack it like. Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 11:05:10 PM »
Was it suicide? It just said sudden death (or Golden Goal as it was called for a while).

Shame like. Wasn't aware that suicide was rife in the forces, but I suppose it makes sense. I assumed that bullying was actually part of the training if you know what I mean? I couldn't hack it like. Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

No idea if it was suicide. Was just saying. It was the first thing that crossed my mind.

I also could never have hacked that shit.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 10:41:46 AM »
Being told what to do wouldn't really work for me.

This got me thinking....

I wouldn't have a problem being told what to do if I believed in the teller and I understood why I was meant to be doing it. I can't be a pawn in someone else's game however, which is why I've been my own boss for 25 years. From memory and some of your posts, am I right that you're also your own boss?

Never having had a good boss nor a mentor, I kind of grew to resent authority. In fact, I detested the vast majority of my managers over the years and didn't have even an ounce of respect for any of them. So I guess I'm very thankful that I worked for fools. I wouldn't have found out shit if I'd been a cog in someone else's wheel. Yin and Yang. Karma and Destiny. War and Love.

Offline the real rumpus

• Banned
  • Under 19's
  • Rating: -1697
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 11:09:26 AM »
Exactly the same path i've been on , RS. The path to enlightenment can be a slow process, but worth it when you get there. I truly felt like a god when i knew there was nothing left for me to achieve. I became an Adonis.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
The path to enlightenment can be a slow process, but worth it when you get there.

Agreed. In fact it is necessary that it is a slow process. Impossible otherwise.

I truly felt like a god when i knew there was nothing left for me to achieve. I became an Adonis.

Confused thinking. It is not possible to be left with nothing more to achieve. Having plenty of money is nice, especially when it's been earned with zero inherited, allowing us to sweep the shelves of Asda of the cut price Bollinger in time for Xmas and book lovely hotels on our next ventures but being able to buy whatever we want when we want it does not equate to jack shit, when we're talking about the bigger issues, of which the gods certainly pertain to. You have much to learn rumpleforeskin, as we all do. I look forward to watching you in action tonight in furtherance of my education but fyi, there's a game on so after 10.30 aye?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:13:40 PM by rocket_scientist »

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
He was back on the bench today, which I found surprising, even more surprising that we were shyte in the middle of the park and offering nothing going forward, but still Gleeson and Forrester were left on the bench.

It's hard to think anything other than they are both finished for us.

Offline Ten Caat

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 36
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »
Forrester just totally shyte. Recent bereavement no excuse.....it was a sudden death and he was shyte long before that. Finished with us I think, however I can envisage us being stuck with him long term unless we write off his transfer fee and heavily subsidise his wages at an Irish club.......cannot see even an English Conference club being interested.

Gleeson has decent footballing ability but he runs out of petrol after 60-70 minutes and about as mobile as a battleship with it's rudder missing. Similar to Stewart last season in that he looks like he is carrying at least an extra stone in weight even at this stage of the season. Don't think we would have resigned Ball on loan but management team realised he was going to be a liability virtually as soon as he arrived. Think he thought after being at Ipswich he would stroll it up here in a diddy league and has found out to his horror that the quality and intensity is miles higher than he surmised. Possibly could be a useful sub next season if as expected Shinnie fecks off in the summer but suspect if he can line up a free transfer to a lower league English club he would be allowed to leave in January.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -112
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 11:41:36 PM »
mcinnes signed them he is the problem they are the symptom
MR GRUMPY IS HERE