Author Topic: Chris Forrester - Finished?  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
Re: Chris Forrester - Finished?
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »
Using a tablet as I killed the lappy last night with a half pint of ginger beer strategically spilt into the inner gubbins.....will get the hang of it by season 2022/23

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »
Ahh, fuck, nae luck.

Anyway, just to prove my worth as a scout (and take first place in the Gleeson and Forrester are pish race):

Aye, it was a good game, close to a very good game. We were probably unlucky as they didn't create that much, but then neither did we I suppose. At least I can justify going down to the away leg, even though we don't stand much chance. Top marks to Devlin, Ball, Logan, GMS, McGinn and Cosgrove. Thought Gleeson was poor when he came on, but a difficult game to come into in that position. McInnes was right to make the early sub too, with Ferguson a little niaive at times in positioning and possession, but he looks a find. Worrying that Forrester wasn't deemed good/fit enough tonight. From the Red TV viewing of the WBA game my impression was that he wasn't going to provide the coverage that we require of our midfielders, but perhaps that will just rule him out of games like these where we need to sit deeper.

I like to call things early as it's a fitba forum, with the obvious caveat that I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. His coverage yesterday was poor, and he let the game pass him by in large spells. He had a couple of nice passes. He was weak though, and did pull out of a few challenges, most notably one near the tunnel where he had a good half a second advantage on their player yet was second to the ball. We needed a dominant midfielder, and he looks like a Rob Milsom. Put another way: he's nae as good as Dom Ball. Our best midfield at the moment is Ball, Shinnie and Ferguson. I don't think Ball's passing ability is good enough for him to start every week, so I think we need someone that's better. Early days etc, but Gleeson looks like a player that doesn't have the attributes we need.

Forrester will also need to up his game as he's very much a poor version of Christie.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
I'm actually impressed that the club have held their hands up and done the right thing here. Yes it's cost us money, but i'd rather it be this way than persisting on giving game time to a waste of space.

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
I'm actually impressed that the club have held their hands up and done the right thing here. Yes it's cost us money, but i'd rather it be this way than persisting on giving game time to a waste of space.

Reads as though contract was terminated at his request. Not sure how strong a bargaining position that puts him in? There’s a possibility we might have given him something to protect ourselves against him turning up tomorrow having signed for Scunthorpe but would hope that original contract and subsequent termination agreement would leave us well protected against that. So not beyond the realms that it was just essentially ripped up.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »
Reads as though contract was terminated at his request. Not sure how strong a bargaining position that puts him in? There’s a possibility we might have given him something to protect ourselves against him turning up tomorrow having signed for Scunthorpe but would hope that original contract and subsequent termination agreement would leave us well protected against that. So not beyond the realms that it was just essentially ripped up.

I had similar thoughts.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline scotfree

• Administrator
  • Rating: 27
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2019, 12:23:33 AM »
Would the club not have some insurance policy in regards things like this happening?
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win"
Bill Shankly

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 12:42:23 AM »
Would the club not have some insurance policy in regards things like this happening?

I hope Cardiff were insured against THAT happening.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 01:38:42 AM »
Was thinking about that earlier, surely something like that would have been in place?

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »
Announced as having signed a three year contract back at St Pats this morning.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 117
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 11:52:11 AM »
Announced as having signed a three year contract back at St Pats this morning.

Worth a look?

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Shame for the lad considering his personal circumstances, but it is the best solution for both parties, just a pity it was an expensive one ( in relative terms ) and also Tansey, we've forked out a few quid on releasing players from their contracts. I'd also imagine we are contributing more towards Greg Stewarts wages than Killie did, bringing Lowe back as well, is there anything left to add another Forward, perhaps another Central Midfielder, fuck, even a Winger? We could do a lot worse than allowing Scott Wright to go out on loan for the remainder of the season and bring in another experienced Winger ( Similar to McGinn & GMS ) Just my thoughts.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -113
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 01:02:23 PM »
Coming home, it's giving me a fresh start. I'm around my family, I'm around my girl, my friends.

"I'm back at a club that I think genuinely likes me."

make of that what you will ..shyster
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -113
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »
the charlatan scored last night for st pats
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro