Author Topic: AFC aspirations  (Read 2147 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -159
Re: AFC aspirations
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
But I also dislike knee-jerk reaction, over-reaction, and the negative outlook of many dons fans.

If you don't like it, confront it. Address the poster directly. Quote his words that you disagree with. It's the only way. Honesty is always the best policy. It is kowardly to throw out generalist criticisms of others without specificity, especially when you are having a go at fellow Dons fans, the danger being tarring us all with the same brush.

For the record, I don't believe the "Aberdeen and the NE is full of negative cunts" line. This is a myth, put about for reasons I fail to comprehend which may or may not include ignorance of negativity levels in the whole of the country.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
Well to be honest my post wasn’t directed exclusively at you either. I think it’s healthy for the powers that be to be questioned and challenged in the way you do, keep them on their toes, as you say it’s our club not theirs. But I also dislike knee-jerk reaction, over-reaction, and the negative outlook of many dons fans. At least you’re always willing to back your opinion with comprehensive theory and debate.

Kow’s been a fantastic contributor to this and other forums for many years, I respect his opinion (as I do yours) and I enjoy his wit and knowledge of the game, as well as his positive outlook.

It’s match day. See you all here later on for a good moan!  :-\

Only if we don't win.
They will never forget you till somebody new comes along.

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
Only if we don't win.

Nonsense.  We're Aberdonian, we're not happy unless we're miserable - a mere win isn't going to change that  :thumbsup:

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 02:30:56 PM »
Nonsense.  We're Aberdonian, we're not happy unless we're miserable - a mere win isn't going to change that  :thumbsup:

I'm an Ayrshire lad and personally I find the cunts down here a hell of a lot worse than the cunts from Aberdeen! Spent 3 years on and off living & working in Aberdeen and they were delightful people, especially Elgindon, he's a legend. Also was invited up last year to an ex colleagues wedding and another is now a personal best friend, good cunts  :thumbsup:
They will never forget you till somebody new comes along.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 44
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2018, 03:12:56 PM »
Maybe Milne saw something no-one else did?

Cosgrove again!
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218