Author Topic: Restaurants recommended  (Read 33577 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -202
Re: Restaurants recommended
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
The Miso is class, although I love even instant Miso soup so I'm probably biased. Lot of depth of flavour though as well as a bit of texture with plenty seaweed.

Yes it is. We're just back and I'm pretty certain we will order Miso every time from now on. "Bottomless" means you could have as much as you want but two of the wee bowls was sufficient for me. Flying fish caviar Guncan still my fav but the Uramakis are amazing. Didn't have one the first couple of times but order one every visit now.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -202
Re: Restaurants recommended
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2020, 05:14:41 PM »
Went to the Pier at the beach for lunch. It's more "upmarket" than Snecky, Promenade and Pavilion and like Sand Dollar charges a wee bit more. I liked it. Went first about 8/9 months ago and it was good then but perhaps because it wasn't as busy, it's actually a nice space too, to go with good munch.

It wasn't as busy as my last visit because we got there early, before any normal rush hour at lunchtimes and plus it's January, the month after the saddos and the minks overspend on Xmas to spoil their kids - out of guilt for being shit parents and also to keep up with the Joneses - and need to eat bread and drink water until their monthly pay cheque comes in.

Still love the normal grub you get at the cheaper places there but can't have pie with gravy beans and chips more than a couple of times a year.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise