Author Topic: Restaurants recommended  (Read 28575 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -198
Re: Restaurants recommended
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
That's interesting. I was told a couple of weeks ago that it had closed down. That's good that it hasn't. It's a strange one, as I always forget that it exists for some reason. Must be its location. It's always been decent.

Amarone on Union Street had a fire I think. Probably an insurance arson job.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2019, 10:58:35 AM »
We noticed a new Sushi bar opened in Huntly Street opposite Amore. Was very busy at 6 pm which must be a good sign. Must try.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 76
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »
We noticed a new Sushi bar opened in Huntly Street opposite Amore. Was very busy at 6 pm which must be a good sign. Must try.

It's okay (only been in at lunch). Yorokobi just down the road is better if you're not needing a quick fix. Also, I've heard that the sushi place on Union Grove is good, but not been yet.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2019, 11:12:00 AM »
I love the starters at Yorokobi but not been so impressed with the mains. Yes must try Union Grove.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »
SooShe at the corner of Ashley Road and Union Grove is the best restaurant in Aberdeen... if you love Japanese food as we do. Went there for the first time tonight and it won't be long before we go back. It's awesome, our favourite Japanese anywhere including the highly rated one we went to in NY. Unlike Sushi Yasuda though, it's very reasonably priced. The seared Nigri and the caviar Guncan were incredible and their Sashimi as good as we've ever tasted.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2019, 02:41:49 PM »
I went to Vovem the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent food. Lots of beef dripping and truffle so you know it's tasty!

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
Antipodes in rarotonga. Fantastic restaurant overlooking the Pacific. Good food and nice vibes. Despite the number of aussies.

In wellington, having been there for nearly 2 years, we've established our favourites so far.

Tatsushi. Japanese restaurant, and authentically so. Which is a bit unusual here and they're usually full of Chinese staff. Fantastic sashimi and good traditional and seasonal food.

Pomelo. You'd think this would be Italian, but nope, Asian fusion. Again, very good seasonal dishes and actually really well priced. Views across the city are nice too.

There are a couple of others that we probably need to visit a few more times, but for its size, we've a cracking variety of good restaurants.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »
Despite the number of aussies.

;D   I know what you mean! When I lived in Melbourne, all my mates were Kiwis.

Two years already. Jeez. Temp us foo git. Enjoy.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »
First visit to Cafe 100 today in Holburn Street. Tremendous. An inexpensive place that sells all day breakfasts and paninis, soup etc. Their Columbian coffee is excellent but it's their service that is first class. Polite and they care e.g. "it won't be long" even though I wasn't in a hurry and I hadn't ordered more than 5 minutes before! You can tell it's independently owned and run. I was in between breakfast and lunch (at 1 p.m.) so got the "speedy grill", sausages, egg, beans and chips for £5.99. Hit the spot. Will be back soon.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »
First visit to Tony Macaroni today. With a name like that and supporting Livi, I never thought I'd go but glad we did. Their sourdough pizzas are superb and awesome value for money at £5.95. I upgraded to a BBQ base one with spicy N'duja and it was fantastic. 

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2019, 10:22:57 PM »
SooShe again tonight. Quite simply the best restaurant in the world.

Any of you cunts been yet?

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »
A couple of Indian experiences recently.

The place in Echt is outstanding. We popped in on the way back from Aviemore and it's superb.

absolutely is, surprised you got a seat, usually impossible without booking.

For insular toonsers, same guy has opened up Wild Ginger at the top of Union Street. It's at least as good

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2019, 10:41:42 AM »
absolutely is, surprised you got a seat, usually impossible without booking.

That was last summer. Second experience was last month (now we finally have the bypass so easier to access). Ordered a takeaway and as I was collecting at 6 pm on a Saturday, only one couple in the restaurant. We won't be back. Strictly average this time. Light of Bengal and Dil Se still the best.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »
That was last summer. Second experience was last month (now we finally have the bypass so easier to access). Ordered a takeaway and as I was collecting at 6 pm on a Saturday, only one couple in the restaurant. We won't be back. Strictly average this time. Light of Bengal and Dil Se still the best.
had a garlic chilli chicken last night
 My arse is suffering today, but as good as it has ever been.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
had a garlic chilli chicken last night
 My arse is suffering today, but as good as it has ever been.

I've never understood this. I've never had a curry that burned my arse. You must be eating low quality shite or your constitution is weak as piss.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2019, 03:51:14 PM »
I've never understood this. I've never had a curry that burned my arse. You must be eating low quality shite or your constitution is weak as piss.
Stick to your Kormas old man.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
Bear in mind that this was the poster who went ballistic on me for my enjoy of “Yes”  and Took it to extremes when I suggested he might not be in any position to define the like or dislike of other’s taste in music😩

Boy was I put in my place
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2019, 09:27:04 PM »
Oh dinna worry MBT, I've seen enough now to realise what the rocket's shtick is. Nobody is in a position to judge "x" except him who is an officianado on every topic.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2019, 09:16:06 AM »
Bear in mind that this was the poster who went ballistic on me for my enjoy of “Yes”  and Took it to extremes when I suggested he might not be in any position to define the like or dislike of other’s taste in music😩

Boy was I put in my place

Wow! I remember that exchange. It must've been five years ago. You still licking your wounds? Must've cut deep huh?

Why don't you tell the truth? I had the audacity to say I didn't like Yes (nor Coldplay and Dire Straits and Springsteen and ELP and Genesis etc.) and your first response was "not getting your hole". I don't know if you were on the bevvy at the time but when you turn a normal discussion by introducing insults, there's bound to be a consequence. You misrepresented the truth, for reasons unknown.