Author Topic: Restaurants recommended  (Read 16214 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -191
Re: Restaurants recommended
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
That's interesting. I was told a couple of weeks ago that it had closed down. That's good that it hasn't. It's a strange one, as I always forget that it exists for some reason. Must be its location. It's always been decent.

Amarone on Union Street had a fire I think. Probably an insurance arson job.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2019, 10:58:35 AM »
We noticed a new Sushi bar opened in Huntly Street opposite Amore. Was very busy at 6 pm which must be a good sign. Must try.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »
We noticed a new Sushi bar opened in Huntly Street opposite Amore. Was very busy at 6 pm which must be a good sign. Must try.

It's okay (only been in at lunch). Yorokobi just down the road is better if you're not needing a quick fix. Also, I've heard that the sushi place on Union Grove is good, but not been yet.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2019, 11:12:00 AM »
I love the starters at Yorokobi but not been so impressed with the mains. Yes must try Union Grove.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »
SooShe at the corner of Ashley Road and Union Grove is the best restaurant in Aberdeen... if you love Japanese food as we do. Went there for the first time tonight and it won't be long before we go back. It's awesome, our favourite Japanese anywhere including the highly rated one we went to in NY. Unlike Sushi Yasuda though, it's very reasonably priced. The seared Nigri and the caviar Guncan were incredible and their Sashimi as good as we've ever tasted.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2019, 02:41:49 PM »
I went to Vovem the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent food. Lots of beef dripping and truffle so you know it's tasty!

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
Antipodes in rarotonga. Fantastic restaurant overlooking the Pacific. Good food and nice vibes. Despite the number of aussies.

In wellington, having been there for nearly 2 years, we've established our favourites so far.

Tatsushi. Japanese restaurant, and authentically so. Which is a bit unusual here and they're usually full of Chinese staff. Fantastic sashimi and good traditional and seasonal food.

Pomelo. You'd think this would be Italian, but nope, Asian fusion. Again, very good seasonal dishes and actually really well priced. Views across the city are nice too.

There are a couple of others that we probably need to visit a few more times, but for its size, we've a cracking variety of good restaurants.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »
Despite the number of aussies.

;D   I know what you mean! When I lived in Melbourne, all my mates were Kiwis.

Two years already. Jeez. Temp us foo git. Enjoy.