Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup Semi Finals

CvB

I may be wrong but am sure I read somewhere that Aberdeen asked for half the North stand but SPFL refused them that option to keep the huns onside.

Awaiting another Aberdeen statement to confirm or deny the D.R article is true or false.

Yep, that's certainly what the Hun statement said happened.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no desire to do any research on how many tickets we have already sold or how many we will sell. On here and on the hat the consensus view is we have sold around 12-13k. But on Abmad there's a guy who has posted that we've already sold 15k and backs it up with some facts and figures....whether these are genuine I've no idea but FWIW i think we will get fairly close to selling out our allocation....within 1500 or so....especially if we have a good result against Fartz at the weekend.

We've sold under 10,000 according to the ticket office.

regardless of how many tickets us, or any other club sell for any particular game held at that glasgow shitehole, it is a game held at a neutral stadium, so the option of a 50/50 split should always be on the table.

Of course, a fair draw for the home and away team should also happen but since we're stuck with that cunting place we will always have to accept that the "traditional" ends will always be there and we will always have to put up with the standard pandering to either of the cheeks.

Absolute cunts to a man, both the huns and the corrupt pricks that run our game and fuck the lot of them.

Was just thinking of the days when the Cup semi-finals were played midweek on a Wednesday night and Aberdeen usually took around 4.000 away fans and nobody cared. This was the days of no live TV coverage with the radio the only means of knowing the live score.

My opinion is all cup semis should be held at a neutral stadium as near half way between the clubs involved on a Saturday afternoon at 15.00 regardless if the Glasgow two are involved. Play both ties at the same time. Live TV coverage one on BT and one on Sky.

All ticket sales would be 50/50 if a club can not sell all their allocation tough shit still 50/50. Do not give left over tickets to the other club.

:thumbsup:

Ps...Why should semi finals have to be played at Hamden at all. is it because the owners of the stadium sats it must be so. Play them round the country to full houses.

While I agree with any fuck the Tribute Act actions I would say that if the numbers sold suggested in the Daily Ranger are correct then we can have absolutely no complaint if the SFA/SPFL slash our allocation for future games.

Yes we do have a complaint. All clubs have a legitimate complaint if  a 50/50 share of tickets is not initially offered. It is supposed to be a neutral venue, not a home match for either of the 2 big Glasgow clubs. It's bad enough that the match is being played on their doorstep.

I keep harking back to it, but it's a point that people, supporters of the big 2 and the ruling authorities can't seem to get their heads around despite it being relatively simple.

It's a neutral venue FFS!

Yes we do have a complaint. All clubs have a legitimate complaint if  a 50/50 share of tickets is not initially offered. It is supposed to be a neutral venue, not a home match for either of the 2 big Glasgow clubs. It's bad enough that the match is being played on their doorstep.

I keep harking back to it, but it's a point that people, supporters of the big 2 and the ruling authorities can't seem to get their heads around despite it being relatively simple.

It's a neutral venue FFS!

Exactly. We got a near full house the few times the hun have visited, so the evidence is there that if the stadium was in Aberdeen we'd easily sell our allocation. That teams should be punished due to their location is certainly something worth discussing. It certainly isn't neutral.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/18/semi-final-update/

With just over a week to go until our Betfred Cup Semi-Final against Rangers at Hampden Park just over 9,000 tickets have been sold to The Red Army. Despite strong initial sales, particularly from our supporters’ clubs, overall ticket sales for the match have fallen short of the demand expected.

Given current sales figures, with the SPFL recording less than 100 being sold by Aberdeen FC today, the SPFL have now taken back certain sections of the East Stand. In return, the SPFL will issue the Club with an additional allocation of seats in the South Stand Upper and Lower tickets. This will necessitate the relocation of some supporters to alternative seats and the Club will be in touch with any affected fans to finalise arrangements.

With 5,500 tickets still available for our supporters, and access to a further allocation if we demonstrate additional demand in the next few days, the focus now quickly turns to building on the tickets that have been sold to fulfil the remainder of our allocation and ensure that the team walk out to a wall of noise from Dons supporters in attendance.

We must now ALL PLAY OUR PART in building upon this current sales figure to ensure we have fantastic backing at Hampden next Sunday.

Only 9.000 tickets sold...So what. Not bothered.

We sell a lot less than that when we visit Ibrox and Parkhead and have won there.

No point in listening to what the Scottish media say on this matter as they are supporting only one team to reach the final anyway.

The team has to turn up on the day and reach the Final be it with 9.000 or 15.000 fans.

...ensure that the team walk out to a wall of noise from Dons supporters in attendance.

We must now ALL PLAY OUR PART in building upon this current sales figure to ensure we have fantastic backing at Hampden next Sunday.

If our manager ever puts out a team that believes it can win and actually tries to win the big games then he might deserve a "wall of noise" and "fantastic backing".

If our chairman hadn't lied to us over 20 years ago about "the product" being his main priority, the club might have found a consistency of support in every single year of this century.

This is some of the shit we will be putting up with for a while:

Tam McManus ( whoever the fuck he is )

“After all the moaning and crying about the semi-final kick-off times, Aberdeen still can’t sell their allocation of tickets.“Only sold 9,000 to date? That right? Poor show and frankly a little embarrassing for a club who claim to be the third biggest in the country.”

Let's just win this match and we will see how much noise 9.000 odd Aberdeen fans can make in front of the Scottish Media live on TV.. :thumbsup:

9,000 is about the number of acceptable view seats. It's not bad. We'll probably get another few thousand before the game, especially if we do well on Saturday.

Given that the tickets we have already sold for the sections that that the SPFL have reclaimed, is that still the case?

This is some of the shit we will be putting up with for a while:

Tam McManus ( whoever the fuck he is )

Let's just win this match and we will see how much noise 9.000 odd Aberdeen fans can make in front of the Scottish Media live on TV.. :thumbsup:

I agree with Tam McManus. Total embarrassment the club kicking up such a fuss and the supporters letting them down with such a pish turnout.

9,000 is about the number of acceptable view seats. It's not bad. We'll probably get another few thousand before the game, especially if we do well on Saturday.

Shame we are not getting any of these acceptable view seats because of a piss poor turnout.

I would agree with some folk on here if this was for the Final it would look bad but it's not.

We were shafted by the SPFL again to appease the only club that matters in Scottish football.

Unlike some other football fans Aberdeen fans have principals, but the Scottish Football Media turn it around and try to make us a laughing stock in Scottish Football.

Good on the fans  :thumbsup:

I would agree with some folk on here if this was for the Final it would look bad but it's not.

We were shafted by the SPFL again to appease the only club that matters in Scottish football.

Unlike some other football fans Aberdeen fans have principals, but the Scottish Football Media turn it around and try to make us a laughing stock in Scottish Football.

Good on the fans  :thumbsup:

100% agree.

Lets look at the semi final in 2015, I've quoted this one to a few weedgies on twitter and it seems to have shut them up.

2015, league cup semi, Ross County vrs celtic, at hampden, 22k. So, where was the clamour for tickets from the minks then? Does that have any impact on any future tickets they get allocated?

Does it fuck.

Shame we are not getting any of these acceptable view seats because of a piss poor turnout.

So people should just accept a fucking awful seat just to ensure that other fans get their good seats? You wouldn't keep returning to a restaurant that gave you shite food just because you know the owner. At some point you have to question the notion that you should just turn up at all costs. A shite time, a shite day, a shite location and we're expected just to sit down in our shite seats and watch just so that we can do our duty as fans. At what point does having the piss taken out of you as a customer get taken too far? I think we've found our saturation point. As I said earlier, if I'd gone onto the website and seen only those shite tickets left there's no way on earth I'd be going. Why is it that you think people should just keep on allowing themselves to be made a fool of? Just so we can say that we've got a great support?

I was right behind the goal at the other end of the park the last time we beat oldco at hampden.  The view was absolutely fine that evening I can assure you.  In my opinion any aberdeen fan able to attend this match should do so regardless of the surrounding hyperbole.  Our team will need us.

I was right behind the goal at the other end of the park the last time we beat oldco at hampden.  The view was absolutely fine that evening I can assure you.  In my opinion any aberdeen fan able to attend this match should do so regardless of the surrounding hyperbole.  Our team will need us.

Exactly. Hampden (seated) has always been shite. Why people are now citing it as an excuse to not support their team is fucking baffling.

But that's our support these days.

Exactly. Hampden (seated) has always been shite. Why people are now citing it as an excuse to not support their team is fucking baffling.

But that's our support these days.

It's the notion that you should forego being treated fairly to provide that support. Does being a great supporter trump understanding when you're getting the piss taken out of you? It's always been shite, so we should continue going?

tlg, unless you were a camera man, then you weren't right behind the goal, you were about 40 metres away.