Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a result to wake up to. Need to watch the highlights, no idea how we pulled that one off but credit to all. Certainly a great way to end a very turbulent season. Hopefully that monkeys now off mcinnes’ back.

Also, chuffed for Consie to get a goal.  Servant to the club and a fan most importantly.  Been exposed this season but his heart and desire is there for all to see.

As delighted and pleasantly surprised as I was with the result I can't help but wonder what if. What if Kenny had played as well as that for his whole AFC tenure. What if AoC didn't wait until his final game for AFC before showing that he was capable of good performances against the better teams. If he could play like that consistently I'd have been happy for him to sign the extension that he was offered. Lewis and Logan with big performances today I thought. I'm nae happy that Logan was sent off (apparently for violent conduct?) whilst always trying to walk away from Lustig and then Boyata. Granted he had to push them away but only because they were in his face.

The "inciting a riot" thing is absolute guff. How often do we see that? Kris Boyd and Neil Lennon are two examples of the same sort of thing who aren't likely to be hit with a similar accusation. If you give it you've got to take it and that should go for fans as well as players. That's why I dinna go whinging to any nearby Polis when Kris Boyd gets it right up us after scoring.

See we've grown a pair of balls at last.

Appeal lodged against Logan's red card.

Fucking right as well, if only so they are forced to review the actions of Lustig, Boyatta and The Thumb.

A grand well spent, regardless of outcome.

It was a brilliant and deliberate hit on his standing leg. And it hurt him.

He was able to shrug off Cosgrove's assault at Pittodrie but he was writhing in agony on the deck after this one.

That's exactly what we have lacked as a team, bottle. We've never been strong enough to stand up for ourselves.

Great to see.

Ach, it's good to see in the modern game. Too many players keep their mouths shut and don't say what they're thinking. It was a dirty challenge, something Scott Brown is quite familiar with. It's a pity the "journalist" doesn't have a note to hand of Brown's booking count from the previous season (16 I think?) when he makes jibes like that. Typical of the professionalism shown by the UK media, go in with a shit-stirring question but with no preparation for a response, so it ends up a pandering puff piece where the player can say what he wants. Shinnie will do him big style next season.

Shay Logan loses appeal over ban for Celtic bust-up. Logan was sent off by referee Craig Thomson for pushing Lustig after the Hoops star appeared to take issue with him celebrating Aberdeen’s win in front of the Celtic support. The 30-year-old had to be ushered down the tunnel by the Dons’ backroom team, still taunting the home crowd by cupping his hands as he was marched towards the tunnel.Aberdeen launched an appeal against the red card but yesterday an independent disciplinary panel dismissed his bid and his ban will apply to Aberdeen’s first two Premiership games next season.

What a pile of shit from them. As far as I can see he did nothing but upset the Celtic fans and players.

The Sun

Shay Logan will miss the first three games of next season after failing to overturn his red card against Celtic.Video footage appeared to show Logan strike Celtic’s Mikael Lustig during his final-whistle celebrations.

So, from winding up the Celtic players and fans down to striking Lustig. I have seen a few videos and have not seen Shay strike anybody. Seen him push a celtic player after the celtic player seemed to simulate head butting Logan.

Have the SFA viewed ALL videos of the incident or just a selected few.