🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Calderwood was feeling down after watching his side lose their fifth straight SPL match as they crashed 3-1 to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park this afternoon.

"That was another very poor performance away from home and another three goals conceded. The goals we are conceding at the moment are ludicrous and it's been like that the whole season. Kilmarnock central defenders had a desire and they got to the ball and cleared, but we are just not dominant at the back. We have a massive rebuilding job to do.

"We were so poor on the ball today and Kilmarnock were up for it. Jim will have told them we had a tough game midweek plus the flights and had them up for this after winning only two of their last twenty four. We looked tired and lethargic and we have made a couple of mistakes to gift them the lead. Darren had a chance at 0-0 and Lee Mair had a chance at 2-0 but we didn't take them.

"Last season we had pace at the back and we are missing that as we are not pushing up the park. We are sitting a lot deeper and getting punished. We are making life difficult for ourselves but we don't deserve to be in the top four at the moment."

I wonder if inconsistency has anything to do with that?

Glad I didn't make an effort to go today. Although got a lot of work on was tempted as I've been to every Dons game at Rugby Park since 04/05 season. I've seen some shite games right enough.

i've been to every single one since the start of 94/95 season, can you even begin to imagine some of the complete and utter tosh i've been subjected to over those years >:(

i had to stop listening after the third one sunk in the net :hammer:

why there's such a desire to see lovell play i'll never know, the lad doesn't want to be here and will be off in the summer. to say miller and mackie upfront doesn't work is silly considering the lack of service they have been getting the last few weeks. mackie only came back from injury a few weeks back and is a player who's struggling for form and confidence. i'm no big fan of his but i believe his luck might just turn if he gets the right service.

our freekicks since the semi with united have been an absolute disgrace and sounded like they were even worse today never mind our crossing. since the turn of the year the heart in our team has disapeared. the loss of hart and clark has been far bigger than people thought

i had to stop listening after the third one sunk in the net :hammer:

why there's such a desire to see lovell play i'll never know, the lad doesn't want to be here and will be off in the summer. to say miller and mackie upfront doesn't work is silly considering the lack of service they have been getting the last few weeks. mackie only came back from injury a few weeks back and is a player who's struggling for form and confidence. i'm no big fan of his but i believe his luck might just turn if he gets the right service.

our freekicks since the semi with united have been an absolute disgrace and sounded like they were even worse today never mind our crossing. since the turn of the year the heart in our team has disapeared. the loss of hart and clark has been far bigger than people thought

you are missing the point some what.

The point isn't that Lovell is any good....that is a separate discussion.

The point is that a half interested Lovell is still better than maguire.  A Miller/Lovell partnership is certainly better than Mackie/Maguire and taking off your only striker and replacing him with a lazy ass dutch "winger" when 2-0 is boarding on sectionable

I had the misfortune to be at todays game and this was probably one of the worst Dons performances I have ever witnessed !

The players looked as bemused as the fans at today's tactics (If that is what you call them Jimmy ! ). The defence was utter shite, but what can you expect when you don't play the same back 4 (or 3 or 2 !!) more than 2 games in a row ? Surely you just need to look at Hearts earlier this season to see how your team quickly turns to shite when you don't play the same Team/Formation more that 1 week in a row.  

It pains me to say it but our team has no spine or fight about it, not once did any of the players grit their teeth, bark at each other, roll up their sleeves and just get stuck in.  It seems to be the same problem season after season regardless of who the Aberdeen TEAM or MANAGER is !!  When is the last time we had a strong team with a bit of fight & spirit in it (and I don't count the 4 games per season against Rangers !)

I don't know if anyone else at today's game noticed, but late on in the 2nd half long after their substitution Maybury & Walker crept quietly into the stand behind the dug outs in the corner as far a way as possible and sat on their own looking thouroughly pissed off and uninterested, at one point the ball went into the stand not far from Walker and he could not be bothered to even get off his arse to retreve the ball. It is easy to raise your game and produce a performance in a one off game like Bayern Munich when all eyes are on you, but your heart needs to be in it for the long haul Josh !!

On a more personal note today was even more dissapointing for me, almost 25 years on from my own first Aberdeen game (at Rugby Park versus Killie) I decided today to take my 5 year old daughter to her first Aberdeen game. She was having a great time until the game started ! Don't think she will be in a hurry to go to her next one !  I can't quite remember the score in my first game, but by fuck I can guarantee the performance was not like today's. There was no way players like Miller, McLeish, Leighton, Strachan, McGhee, etc would ever accept a performance like this from each other !!

>:(   >:(      

i'm not speaking about the game today. i'm on about the general furore for lovell to play, maguire is totally off form just now and the fact he's out of contract in the summer must be playing on his mind too. i'd rather see him get a place in the team and try to gain some form than someone who has no desire to play for us at all.

de vissch is not a winger as you say. the lad played in a front three back in holland and playing further up the park is difficult for him due to his lack of pace and the opposition playing so deep. aswell as this he's got to track back far more than he's ever been used to. then we've got the style of our game to get used to, something he's never had the chance to do due to lack of matches he's been picked for on the bounce.

i'm not speaking about the game today. i'm on about the general furore for lovell to play, maguire is totally off form just now and the fact he's out of contract in the summer must be playing on his mind too. i'd rather see him get a place in the team and try to gain some form than someone who has no desire to play for us at all.

I agree that Lovell has shown little in the way to deserve a start, however he has done 100x more (ie score fucking goals) than Maguire who is light weight, has limited skill and wouldnae even score in a brothel.  Maguire has had one good performance for Aberdeen.  He has been stupendously terrible recently, even by the standards of the rest of the team and needs a spell in the reserves (or out on loan) to give him a kick up the backside. A struggling first team is not the place to hope a youngster finds form

de vissch is not a winger as you say. the lad played in a front three back in holland and playing further up the park is difficult for him due to his lack of pace and the opposition playing so deep. aswell as this he's got to track back far more than he's ever been used to. then we've got the style of our game to get used to, something he's never had the chance to do due to lack of matches he's been picked for on the bounce.

I was being ironic hence "winger".

It is JC who signed him, JC who doesn't play him in the correct position or indeed very often and I would hope that JC would see that he was never going to add anything to todays performance.  Lovell might have scored. JDV might have jog about a bit, but never much more.

Maguire has form? Please show me.

Interesting you'd rather have him in the team, even if it means it's a weaker team? FFS. He is not going to be an SPL footballer, ever.

I was being ironic hence "winger".

It is JC who signed him, JC who doesn't play him in the correct position or indeed very often and I would hope that JC would see that he was never going to add anything to todays performance.  Lovell might have scored. JDV might have jog about a bit, but never much more.

i know that i'm not disagreeing. it's the fact he's a far better player than people can see that's my point not that he should've been subbed on instead of lovell.

you may regret those comments sneckie  ::)

how you can you can say he's not an spl player is ludicrous the lad is only 19 and has a long way to go before he's a fully fledged striker. diamond is still learning the game and developing his ability and has played three times as many games.