Scottish Premiership's top shot stoppers

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/257031-stats-zone-looking-at-the-scottish-premierships-top-shot-stoppers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looking at save percentages, Jamie Langfield is the top man when it comes to keeping out shots. The Aberdeen keeper has saved just under 80% of the 49 efforts he has faced this campaign.

Hot on his heels is Caley Thistle's Dean Brill, who has kept out 75%, and Hibs' Ben Williams with a 73.68 save percentage.

What about when it comes to failing to keep shots out? Unsurprisingly, those aren't faring as well play behind some of the league's less solid defences.

St Mirren's David Cornell, now down the pecking order, had a 61.54% save rate across the five games he managed earlier in the season.

Of the current first choice keepers, Partick Thistle's Scott Fox is lowest, having kept out just under 64% of the 69 shots he has faced, while Craig Samson at Kilmarnock fares only marginally better on 65.79%.

When it comes to keeping clean sheets, there's a keenly fought contest going on between Brill and Langfield.

The Aberdeen goalkeeper currently holds the record for the longest period without conceding, standing at 444 minutes.

Dean Brill, who has nine clean sheets this season, one more than his Dons counterpart, could beat that record next week. He hasn't let in a goal in the last 374 minutes.

Stopping shots has always been Langfield's strength. It's passes he can't cope with. And half eaten pies and paper cups vaguely thrown in his direction.

I would concede that my desire to have him replaced is probably lower now than it normally is but I still can't have full faith or trust in him.