Stewart

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 more tickets available.

Belgium v Scotland

King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels

Tuesday 16 October 2012 – kick off 20:45 (local time)

We are delighted to confirm that we have 58 Belgium tickets available for sale to SSC Members on 1 to 10 points who haven’t managed to buy a ticket via the previous sale. This isn’t an extra allocation from the Belgian FA, but tickets that haven’t been taken up by our sponsors and partners.

Tickets are £25 (plus £6.50 fulfilment and postage) and will go on sale at 10am on Tuesday 9 October via www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk

Due to the tight timescale involved, all tickets will be posted on Tuesday using Royal Mail Special Delivery. They will need to be signed for upon delivery on Wednesday.

As there will be no SSC customer service helpdesk in Brussels, we must ask members based overseas to change to a UK address before purchasing to ensure tickets can be posted.

You will need to be quick as we anticipate the tickets selling incredibly quickly.

Good luck.

Fletcher says stuff & things:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10738&newsCategoryID=1

EXCLUSIVE: Fletcher focused on international comeback

Monday, 08 October 2012

Steven Fletcher resumed national service yesterday and immediately set his sights on helping Scotland reinvigorate their FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 qualifying campaign in Cardiff and Brussels next week.

The Sunderland striker has returned from a well-documented two-year hiatus. He will take part in his first training session of the campaign today and admits he is eager to make up for lost time.

“I am just happy to be back as part of the squad and looking to make a positive contribution in what are two massive World Cup qualifiers,” he said.

“I had a good chat with the manager when he came to visit at the training ground last week and it while it was important we discussed the past and put it to bed, it was more important that we focused on the future.

“I understand why people want to know what changed but the truth, as the manager said last week, was that the situation wasn’t helping anyone. I am a proud Scot and it is a privilege to play for my country. Everyone knows it has been too long since we last qualified for a major finals and I want to do my bit to help us reach Brazil.”

Media interest has focused on the genesis of Steven’s return but the man himself is more concerned with enhancing his burgeoning reputation still further by adding international goals to his free-scoring form in the Premier League.

“The manager touched on how the situation came about last week. I am desperate to play for Scotland again and, like Craig, I regret that it has taken this long to come about. I’m sure we have both done a lot of thinking during the last two years but the country comes first.

“I think it just became apparent that we all needed to move on. The most important thing is that I can look to restart my international career. When I first spoke to Craig again it was fine and was not awkward at all. We both said our piece and agreed that whatever happened, the country comes first.

“I am a more experienced player than I was two years ago and I am delighted with the way things have gone at Sunderland. The manager [Martin O’Neill] has been very supportive, as has Phil Bardsley – who is gutted to be missing through injury.

“It was good to see the players when I arrived yesterday. I am sharing a room with Scott Brown so already it feels like I have never been away and feels like I have been here for a week already.”

Steven is now in contention to make his return in Cardiff, with victory against Wales the objective to reinforce our qualifying credentials before a trip to play Belgium.

“We are in a tough group but we have a squad of players who are playing in the Barclays Premier League every week and guys who are gaining valuable Champions League experience with Celtic.

“We will be going to Wales looking to win and there is no point looking beyond that game. Our supporters will be there in their thousands and we need their support to put ourselves in contention in the group. I can promise them I will give everything I can along with the rest of the squad to qualify for Brazil.

“Playing in a World Cup finals in one of the most famous football nations in the world is the pinnacle of any player’s career and I am delighted that I have the opportunity again to help take Scotland there.”

Just back from Brussels, you lot will have a ball over there.

;D

I was there a few weeks back, and I can hand on heart say that it's even shitter than Frankfurt.

Roll on Luxembourg though - you're all welcome to join me there on my 2012 Tour of fucking shite Central European Cities ::)

Oooft just googled that, I'm in about that.

Despite quite clearly being a tourist trap and being a little bit more expensive than most other pubs round that area, it actually is a pretty decent bar(s).

I'd go as far as to say it's the only place i've ever been in Brussels that I didn't think was pish.

I was there a few weeks back, and I can hand on heart say that it's even shitter than Frankfurt.

Roll on Luxembourg though - you're all welcome to join me there on my 2012 Tour of fucking shite Central European Cities ::)

You thought Brussels was worse than Frankfurt? Wow, got the opposite impression.

Our meal choices were limited because it was all booked for work but we had mussels at la Rose Blanche on the main square and they were excellent.

Kaasmarkt was a bit like Sauchiehall Street in the sense it's got a few pubs on it and late night food stops but it was mobbed so I just enjoyed myself people watching.

If you want to go to a good nightclub, head to Fuse.

Was out til 03:30 and 06:00 on Friday and Saturday respectively. Awesome place to go out!

You thought Brussels was worse than Frankfurt? Wow, got the opposite impression.

Our meal choices were limited because it was all booked for work but we had mussels at la Rose Blanche on the main square and they were excellent.

Kaasmarkt was a bit like Sauchiehall Street in the sense it's got a few pubs on it and late night food stops but it was mobbed so I just enjoyed myself people watching.

If you want to go to a good nightclub, head to Fuse.

Was out til 03:30 and 06:00 on Friday and Saturday respectively. Awesome place to go out!

That is the only reason why I'd go to Belgium. Possibly Antwerpen too, other than driving through it  :thumbsup:

It was really good mate. Paid 12€ to get in but I think a beer was only 2€ or something.

Seriously!? Maybe I need to arrange a trip there then! That's insanely cheap for a club,  having said that, I can't recall paying silly prices in clubs in NL either.

If he starts on friday over fletcher it will be a disgrace

You're forgetting one thing...

photo_21846_wide_crop.jpg

ANYWAY.

I'm starting to get excited about this.

17 more minutes of work, then off to Cardiff the morn.

Wales 0-0 Scotland

Belgium 0-0 Scotland

is my (optomistic) prediction!

(ps If you're going to Malta, fly from Brum. £35 represents excellent value)

This guy cannot get enough PR at the mo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19881602

Though he is right, the pressure is very much on Latrine.

I was thinking that, seems like he hasn't been out of the news lately, quite impressive for a player who's yet to actually get a game this season.

Nice to see an Aberdeen player getting a cap for a Scotland match I guess.