Morton v Aberdeen - Match Thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual cup fare from us I suppose but this time we won. 

Morton started well but after that we dominated the 1st half without creating much.  Not sure I've been at a game where so many shots were blocked and even when Morton players didn't get in the way our own players did the job for them.

Rae had a great chance to score from a rebound but hit a weak shot that was easy for the keeper.  Again Fraser looked dynamite and suffered a few kicks for his trouble.

Second half we were poor and they could have stolen it.  Bit more banter however as swapped the cramped rather staid main stand for some terracing at the opposite side of  the pitch at half time.  Only a few dozen of us in there but made more noise than the few 100s at the other side of the pitch.  The local teen-neds were the other side of the Police line which provided some entertainment but not as much as when 10 men went to mow reached 10, at which point the police freaked out and flooded the gap in fear of a full scale riot breaking out, fools.

Anyway injury time and fuck all happens till to simple goals wins it from Rae and Vernon.

Overall happy, not the best performance but a game we would have lost in previous seasons (as mentioned above when was the last time we won a game in extra time?)

Really missed Hughes when he came off in the 1st and strange there was no Milsom on the bench which meant that clown Clark came on, probably explains our shit 2nd half. Osbourne, Fraser, Rae all good.

Still confident about this season but perhaps shows just how shit Saints were on Saturday, but with a bit of luck in front of goal we should give someone a doing at some point.

Bring on the Jambos

We got there in the end. Maybe took a bit longer than we would have liked but at the end of the day, it's the result that matters. In Aberdeen's cup runs/ties with lower league teams, you have to look on the bright side of life. Doo doo doo doo.... :thumbsup:

I didn't think the performance was that bad really. Compared with the performance on Saturday it didn't look great but I thought Aberdeen looked the better side for most of the match and the win was deserved.

How did folk get to the terraced part? I went over at half time (along with probably half the stand) to try to get there but they refused to let us in unless we had some form of ticket.

I didn't think the performance was that bad really. Compared with the performance on Saturday it didn't look great but I thought Aberdeen looked the better side for most of the match and the win was deserved.

How did folk get to the terraced part? I went over at half time (along with probably half the stand) to try to get there but they refused to let us in unless we had some form of ticket.

They handed out tickets as we went downstairs at half time.

Aberdeen FC keeper’s concern for Morton ball-boy

Jamie Langfield accidentally pokes youngster in eye

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 23/08/2012

ABERDEEN FC keeper Jamie Langfield was today praised for being a hero in Greenock – on and off the park.

Spectators were baffled to see Langfield cut his celebrations short after the final whistle and make a dash down the side of the pitch to the first aid room at Morton’s ground.

Aberdeen FC manager Craig Brown confirmed Langfield went there to check on the welfare of one of Morton’s ball-boys after the youngster had been taken for treatment during the game after Langfield accidently poked him in the eye while retrieving the ball.