🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

England v Scotland

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Jack Wilshere, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

I am driving to Edinburgh and then getting an overnight train.  Was thinking of parking car in either west end (Gorgie/Slateford) or southside (Cameron Toll/Bruntsfield).  What's the closest I can get to city centre for free parking which is also near a main bus route?

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/1278/parking-zones_and_permits/48/parking_permit_zones/2

Not all those are safe on the bounday and are very busy normally. Harison Gardens (end of S4) is safe and the one I would suggest. Would offer you a space out the back of my flat but would need to see you tomorrow morning to hand over the permit.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/1278/parking-zones_and_permits/48/parking_permit_zones/2

Not all those are safe on the bounday and are very busy normally. Harison Gardens (end of S4) is safe and the one I would suggest. Would offer you a space out the back of my flat but would need to see you tomorrow morning to hand over the permit.

Good man mizer.  Had been thinking Wheatfield but the place you suggest is a bit more off beaten track.

Did I imagine this, or did Scotland beat England in the final game at the old Wembley Stadium? I'm sure I remember Billy Dodds scoring. But it appears to have been completely wiped from the record-books (okay, I can't find it on Google!)

My recollection too. Scotland beat England in the last game to be played at the old Wembley so they held another last game at Wembley and the Germans beat them too.

I'm certain it was 1-0 Germany. No idea of the Scotland result nor the occasion nor the scorers. Weirdly fallen into reality oblivion for me like it obviously has into cyber oblivion if google can't find the bastard.

Did I imagine this, or did Scotland beat England in the final game at the old Wembley Stadium? I'm sure I remember Billy Dodds scoring. But it appears to have been completely wiped from the record-books (okay, I can't find it on Google!)

We did beat them in last competitive game at Wembley with Don Hutchinson scoring for Scotland. As RS says England could not stand thought of losing last game at Wembley so played Germany and lost again.

Kenny FUCKING Miller  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

This won't be a popular thought but... I thought he was alright for the first part of the match.  Thought his experience leading the line was useful.

Never thought I'd say that, going to need to have a drink now  ???

Either way, been impressed with the performance so far.  Not sure what Whittaker was playing at for the goal and took me a while to figure out Forrest was on the pitch but apart from that its been great.

Hanley and Martin look solid again, got a good feeling about those two if they can build a proper central defensive partnership long term.