Dons to vote no to Newco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must no that there will be enough votes to get them in.

Don't see how they can Jute - Hibs are a no, looks like Celtic are a no, same with DU. Motherwell and ICT are putting theirs to a vote of their fans and should St Mirren's current board stay in place, they're a "no" too.

Ach, beat me to it bb. I was going to start a thread specifically for Rangers fans, a bunch of posts directed at them, explaining our decision to vote against the newco getting SPL status. They certainly do need an explanation. The arrogant pigs I've spoken to in recent weeks all seem to assume that we want them back and that "Scottish Football needs RFC" and that we can't afford not to include them.

Whilst I'm sure there would have been many articulate posts concerning the integrity of sport etc, mine would have read...

Dear RFC. We're voting against you because we don't like you. Scum.  :wave:

Aberdeen Football Club has issued an update with regard to the ongoing situation affecting Scottish Football and in particular Rangers Football Club.

Duncan Fraser Chief Executive said "Yesterday's announcement that Rangers FC will reform as a New Co brings a degree of clarity to the situation. However there are a number of other investigations ongoing.

Like everyone we wish to see them resolved as soon as possible.

"A large numbers of our supporters have made their views and feelings very clear and as a Club I can assure everyone that these are being taken into account. The integrity of sport in general and football in particular must be central to any decision.

"This issue has our full attention and we will communicate any decisions we take in relation to this situation with our supporters in a transparent way at an appropriate time."

The integrity of sport in general and football in particular must be central to any decision.

Why take months to say such a simple statement? Thankfully its moved on from 'we will vote for the option which is best financially for Aberdeen'.

I'm about 99% sure that the way it works is;

All 12 teams (including Rangers) get a vote

There has to be a 8-4 majority for the yes vote for Rangers to stay in

So basically 5 no's and they are out.

I was think the same about Cove (or any other team) applying the the SFL place, absolutely nothing stopping them

SSN suggesting Utd may vote Rangers back in to stop Dundee getting in.  Seems bizarre, if I was a Utd fan I'd look forward to the derby match more than any other.

Why would utd not want the home gate of a derby?  dundee would take 4000 to tannadump easy

SSN suggesting Utd may vote Rangers back in to stop Dundee getting in.  Seems bizarre, if I was a Utd fan I'd look forward to the derby match more than any other.

SSN in bullshit shocker. Aren't some Tims greeting that they want Rangers in the league so they can have their scum fests? Dundee and United are nae different. Non story fae Sky.  :wave:

Ok so most on here have made noises that if a newco rangers is in the spl next season they will not go back.  Given the club now appear to be likely to vote against rangers re-admittance should rangers be voted in by the other clubs would anyone feel differently about going back? 

Ok so most on here have made noises that if a newco rangers is in the spl next season they will not go back.  Given the club now appear to be likely to vote against rangers re-admittance should rangers be voted in by the other clubs would anyone feel differently about going back?

would go to pittodrie if afc vote against. nowhere else tho.

I think most are willing to go back as long as AFC vote against NewCo even if they're allowed back in the league.

I think most are willing to go back as long as AFC vote against NewCo even if they're allowed back in the league.

Pretty much my thoughts. I'll probably attend cup away games, but thats pretty much it. All this is of course dependent on whether they actually do vote no.