Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Playing Out of Position ?

Just wan't to point out I'm not having a go at the players here but does anyone else not think that we are a wasted force going forward playing Fraser Fyvie on the right mid/wing. Does not help the players confidence either in my mind.

If anywhere he needs to be attacking behind the front 2, especially at home as we should be attacking and trying to win all games at Pittodrie and to play someone who can't run past a full back on the wing is just a waste of a position and plays into the oppositions hand.

Peter Pawlett is the player for that position but needs regular games games to show what he can do and prove the potential he has is not another wasted talent , not coming on as a sub with 15mins to go.  Pawlett and Jack down the right would work  :-\

Been thinking this for a long time now and cannot believe Craig Brown persists with these tactics as they obviously do not work.

Just wan't to point out I'm not having a go at the players here but does anyone else not think that we are a wasted force going forward playing Fraser Fyvie on the right mid/wing. Does not help the players confidence either in my mind.

If anywhere he needs to be attacking behind the front 2, especially at home as we should be attacking and trying to win all games at Pittodrie and to play someone who can't run past a full back on the wing is just a waste of a position and plays into the oppositions hand.

Peter Pawlett is the player for that position but needs regular games games to show what he can do and prove the potential he has is not another wasted talent , not coming on as a sub with 15mins to go.  Pawlett and Jack down the right would work  :-\

Been thinking this for a long time now and cannot believe Craig Brown persists with these tactics as they obviously do not work.

Welcome aboard min.

I think your thoughts echo with most of us. I cant see this improving as it looks like Anderson will be coming back into the squad and undoubtedly we will get another striker in January.

I really think Fyvie has lost something since his return from injury and to play him on the wing is just making him look like a lost wee sheep , pardon the pun .....

Means that we don't have any out balls to the corners for someone to chase and the ball is just going to keep coming back at us as it's not like he is made for defending either .... so much potential has been dragged back down to the quality of being an average Aberdeen player and if it's just to fit him into the team somewhere then it's the fans who lose out and I personally have lost a bit of faith in Craig Browns tactical genius  >:(

As much as he has an awful lot to learn, I would say against the lesser teams Josh would be a better outlet as he is stronger in the air and has a bit of go about him ,,, just needs a better final outcome when the ball leaves his feet  :

Have to say I agree re: fyvie, doesn't look anywhere near the same player and on occasion looks frustrated by it. Brown confuses the hell out if me at times but I still hope he knows what he's doing. It would seem completely logical to have him in there and I think with the injuries and suspensions we have this may happen.

I think Brown tried to address this on Saturday as we lined up in a sort-of 4-3-3 with Fyvie and Milsom playing far narrower and Chalali linking between defence and midfield. Obviously this was ditched when Chalali had to go off but it suggests he at least recognises this problem.