Slovenia v Scotland 29/02

Jute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Squad announed. Craig Gordon back in despite not playing for Sunderland , another englishman as Harry pushes on for his plan for team GB and Charlie fucking Mulgrew. Other than that as expected.

(Squad in alphabetical order) Caps Goals Date of birth

Charlie Adam (Liverpool) 15 - 10.12.85

Barry Bannan (Aston Villa) 9 - 01.12.89

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland) 11 - 28.06.85

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 18 1 31.01.85

Scott Brown (Celtic) 27 2 25.06.85

Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic) 46 2 12.04.82

Don Cowie (Cardiff City) 9 - 15.02.83

Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion) 7 - 05.05.87

James Forrest (Celtic) 4 - 07.07.91

Matt Gilks (Blackpool) - - 04.06.82

David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers) 3 1 28.03.89

Craig Gordon (Sunderland) 40 - 31.12.82

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers) 3 - 20.11.91

Alan Hutton (Aston Villa) 23 - 30.11.84

Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion) 5 1 25.02.84

Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers) 4 2 22.09.85

Allan McGregor (Rangers) 19 - 31.01.82

Russell Martin (Norwich City) 1 - 04.01.86

Kenny Miller (Cardiff City) 58 16 23.12.79

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) 19 1 25.05.86

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic) - - 06.03.86

Matt Phillips (Blackpool)* - - 13.03.91

Barry Robson (Middlesbrough) 16 - 07.11.78

Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United) 4 1 07.09.87

RAGING Ross McCormack has blasted Craig Levein over his latest Scotland snub.

The 16-goal Leeds striker has again been left out of Levein's squad for next week's friendly in Slovenia.

And fuming McCormack revealed he has even been snubbed when he has tried to contact Levein's staff to discuss his continued absence.

The seething striker told SunSport: "I don't feel as if I will be in a squad no matter if I score goals or not. It is hard to take as people keep telling me I am going to be in the next squad or should be in it.

"Meanwhile, you have Craig Mackail-Smith who is not playing for his club, Jamie Mackie is not playing for his club and David Goodwillie is not playing for his club.

"The only striker in the squad who is playing for his club is Kenny Miller.

"I'd understand if they'd scored a lot more goals than me, but they haven't.

"I have scored 15 goals in 26 starts in the league and I think that speaks for itself.

"I have been playing pretty well in the last few games for Leeds and I know there is plenty more to come from me.

"I have no idea why I am not in the squad.

"But it must be something as there has been no contact whatsoever since I played in the Carling Nations Cup in Ireland last year."

McCormack even tried to contact national team scout Mick Oliver to find out if there was a reason for his continued omission, but claimed that his calls were ignored.

He added: "It is Craig Levein's decision and if he doesn't fancy me and doesn't want to put me in the squad then that is completely up to him.

"I don't have a problem with Craig, I am just gutted I am not in his squad.

"I have been trying to phone Mick Oliver but he hasn't answered the phone to me. No one will tell me why I haven't been in the last few squads."

McCormack has seven caps and would love to add to that number soon — even if it means having to cancel his summer holiday to face the USA.

The ex-Rangers and Motherwell man added: "I am Scottish and I love playing for Scotland. That is why I am disappointed I've not been in the squad. It is a dream to play for Scotland but it looks as if my face doesn't fit.

"Maybe it is the formation he plays, maybe he doesn't think I can play in that formation. But I just have to somehow keep it out of my head and keep doing what I am doing for my club and maybe the call will come.

"I am not going to hold my breath. I have holidays at the end of the season but that can be easily cancelled."

McCormack is also baffled by the exile of in-form Wolves star Fletcher.

He added: "I don't know what is going on there.

"Fletch is a good guy and I am sure he would like to play for Scotland.

"But obviously something has been said or happened for him not to be in the squad."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4142593/Why-do-you-keep-snubbing-me-Craig.html#ixzz1n0akngnC

Or sign for wangers...........................................

Are you fucking mental? There's only 1 Hun in the fucking squad.

McCormack is spot on.

And Levein should fuck off. I don't have a single good word to say about that cunt.

Although, this time next week i'll be on my way to Slovenia, woooooo.....

In the right thread this time.

For those not going:

For all you part time cunts who are not going.

http://www.606v2.com...ly-on-primetime

Primetime to Broadcast Slovenia V Scotland LIVE

What: Slovenia V Scotland LIVE

Where: Primetime Ch 480 on Sky, Virgin on Demand and streamed from Primetime Website (click here)

Broadcasters of sports channel Primetime have announced that they will broadcast the Slovenia V Scotland match on 29th February live from the Bonifika Stadium in Koper, Slovenia. The international friendly will prove to be a key game in Scotland’s road towards the World Cup qualifiers.

The match will cost £4.99 and will be available to Sky and Virgin Media customers. For fans without access to those platforms the match will be streamed live across Primetime Website (click here)

Scotland last played Slovenia seven years ago in 2005. They won the world Cup qualifier 3-0 with goals from Darren Fletcher, James McFadden and Paul Hartley. Scotland Coach Craig Levein is keen to get some games under the team’s belt before the World Cup qualifiers against Serbia in September. A win on 29th would put the Scottish team in good spirits for the matches ahead of them in 2012.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/299228-richard-foster-gains-scotland-call-up/

Scotland boss Craig Levein has handed Richard Foster a late call-up to the squad to face Slovenia on Wednesday.

The defender who moved to Championship side Bristol City in January replaces Aston Villa full-back Alan Hutton who suffered a hamstring injury.

The former Aberdeen and Rangers player has made eight appearances since moving to Ashton Gate.

So Foster in front of McNaughton..............  :hammer: