Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Form Table

Interesting to note what sides have needed in previous years to get top 6 (shamelessly stolen from Mad (thanks CaddyCarhandle) which would suggest we will have to pull off a fairly stunning set of results to get into top 6. 

Never mind, perhaps a run of 5 wins from the bottom 6 will be better preparation for the cup final anyway  :thumbsup:

2009/10:

6 - 44 points (Hearts)

7 – 41 points (St. Johnstone)

2008/09:

6 - 42 points (Hibernian)

7 – 41 points (Motherwell)

2007/08:

6 - 44 points (Aberdeen)

7 – 42 points (Falkirk)

2006/07:

6 - 44 points (Hibernian)

7 - 40 points (Falkirk)

2005/06:

6 - 48 points (Aberdeen)

7 - 44 points (Motherwell)

2004/05:

6 - 43 points (Motherwell)

7 - 42 points (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

2003/04:

6 - 42 points (Dundee United)

7 - 38 points (Hibernian)

2002/03:

6 - 42 points (Dundee)

7 - 39 points (Hibernian)

2001/02:

6 - 42 points/ -2 (Hearts)

7 - 42 points/ -9 (Kilmarnock)

2000/01:

6 - 41 points/ +6 (Dundee)

7 - 41 points/ -16 (Dunfermline Athletic)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICT and Motherwell are finding it difficult to pick up points and look catchable to me. I think UTD will get top 6 and its touch and go for Killie as they are toiling to get anything but might have enough in the bank to secure 5th.

I think its all about the form St J show in the coming weeks and the game at Perth on Tuesday is the deal breaker for me. Within the teams we are competing with (exc UTD) they are the only side who are looking like they are picking up form rather than losing it.

With St J at Ibrox and Motherwell at home to Celtic over the weekend, beating Hearts would put us in a potentially strong position to take the teams above us.

I don't think Utd winning last night was a bad result for us. They were always going to get top 6 with the games in hand that they've got but it means Inverness didn't get any further ahead of us.

A win tonight would put us 4 points behind Well with 5 games each left til the split. That should be do-able and if we aren't able to make up that kind of deficit then we probably don't deserve to be in the top half anyway  :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, any idea when that fixture is going to be played.  Was Sat 19th first, then changed to Sun 20th and now it's marked on Red Web as postponed?

I think they are waiting until Rangers get knocked out of the Europa League so they can figure out when to reschedule it for.

United winning tonight was a blow as thats them in the top 6 with games in hand. Did not see Leith tinks going on a 5 game winning run either. Thats them above us now.

UTD aren't the target though so ICT losing benefits us. Tonights game is a must win and should put us beyond St Js reach as they are not likely to pick up more points than us in last few games. I believe we can catch Motherwell and Kilmarnock also. Hibs have won 5 but they have beaten St Mirren twice, Hamilton, Inverness and Killie - easily the 4 poorest sides in the league right now in terms of form. their next 4 games are away at St Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen and home to Hearts.

Lets get 3 points tonight.

UTD aren't the target though so ICT losing benefits us. Tonights game is a must win and should put us beyond St Js reach as they are not likely to pick up more points than us in last few games. I believe we can catch Motherwell and Kilmarnock also. Hibs have won 5 but they have beaten St Mirren twice, Hamilton, Inverness and Killie - easily the 4 poorest sides in the league right now in terms of form. their next 4 games are away at St Johnstone, Celtic and Aberdeen and home to Hearts.

Lets get 3 points tonight.

That would be the teams we have also picked up the vast majority of our points against.

• 1 month later...

Yeah its pretty sad when i am more excited about changing the team next season than a forthcoming chance to beat Celtic at Hampden and finally get to a final.

I feel your pain. I'm not sure there is a dons fan out there who expects us to win that game. It's a shame but a harsh reality of our form and stomach for the fight.