Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Trailists and potential loan signings; Tony Capaldi?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was only signed til now, was also made captain when there and done rather well.

yes I can see that from some of the fans comments on a chat site. Dont think we missed much

Re: Lee Hendrie leaves ?

I hope so he's unfit & hardly earned a contract IMO.

[i]Re: Lee Hendrie leaves ?

Good decision in my opinion, I liked is work rate but clearly the legs have gone. Hopefully the money will be spent in a more effective way.

Taylor just said club weren't in a position to accept his demands so it seems like he's had a better offer elsewhere. No great loss despite a couple of decent games. Moult also leaving, pidgeley to be offered extension [/i]

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3328984/Craig-will-be-a-loan-arranger.html

Article in the sun, but devoid of names facts etc

Brown consulted Alex Ferguson before deciding to quit Motherwell and succeed Mark McGhee.

Now he's been back in touch to see if the Manchester United supremo has any promising young players he can loan to his old club.

That's just one of the routes the current Dons boss is exploring in an attempt to bolster the squad during the transfer window.

if sir Alex gives us a couple of player on loan due to his respect for our club

would it be fair to offer any of our young upcomming stars  :-\

Yes, depending on the positions we recruit them in. If it is across the defence or a winger then I would say yes. We are understaffed on the wing and at LB and RB and our regular centre halfs have hardly made a sterling case for their continued inclusion in the squad.

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today admitted he hopes to add trialist Tony Capaldi to his squad before this weekend’s Scottish Cup clash with East Fife.

Northern Ireland international Capaldi was due to train with Aberdeen FC for the first time today.

Brown has decided against fielding the 29-year-old in tonight’s closed doors friendly against Peterhead at Balmoor. But he is keen to secure a deal for the former Birmingham, Plymouth, Leeds and Cardiff left-back before they face the Fifers.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2073842?UserKey=#ixzz1A46X8djJ

Asked a Cardiff-supporting acquaintance - one of the most cynical chaps going - what he thought:

I always liked Capaldi. He's not a flair full back, but he was always fairly consistent. Much better defensively than offensively.He probably won't tearing down the wing much anymore at 29, but I think the majority of City fans would take him back right now given how utterly shit Naylor has been.

Could easily do a good job in the SPL. His crossing was never up to much though.