Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

"The Board Has Finally Done The Right Thing" - Chris Crighton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine. The board are sticking with McGhee. I always thought this would be the case because of money to sack/rehire. They need to get some money on the table as they can't have it both ways. Even if they stick half of the reported £400k into a transfer budget or even release funds for two full backs to prove their convictions then I'll be much happier. Unless they do it's the most hollow backing ever.

If im honest i cant help but think that MM has said to the board something along the lines off "give me till say xmas and if nothing has improved than i will walk".  Its the most logical explanation for situation.  All the inside chat was he would go if we lost to ICT and this has been his form of plea bargain.  If this is this case (and i assure you this nothing but speculation on my part but it fits nicely) then it would raise my opinion of MM for at least he was not giving up.  With regards to Crightons article its very much saying the decision has been made lets just get on with it for the time being. He has a point.  How long MM has is uncertain but one thing i will say is that if we can get any kind of defence organised we are capable of taking points from anyone in the spl.  We all know this is a gamble by the board but ultimately if it pays off, and MM has a decent record as a manager elsewhere so thats not impossible, maybe a  gothenburger will not lose his club legend status and that would be no bad thing. 

Why don't the numbers add up?

:lolabove:

He doesn't even know the numbers don't add up because he doesn't know what the numbers are.

If you replace the youth players in his list with new U19s and add in our new players we come to the following players not being replaced;

P Marshall

D Grassi

S Duff

M Ross

C Mulgrew

Oh look, three full backs. They'd come in handy. I also don't think it's too much of a strech to think that the wages of these 5 have been taken up by signing Hartley and offset by the apparent high wage of Ifil.

He doesn't even know the numbers don't add up because he doesn't know what the numbers are.

If you replace the youth players in his list with new U19s and add in our new players we come to the following players not being replaced;

P Marshall

D Grassi

S Duff

M Ross

C Mulgrew

Oh look, three full backs. They'd come in handy. I also don't think it's too much of a strech to think that the wages of these 5 have been taken up by signing Hartley and offset by the apparent high wage of Ifil.

Maybes listed as full backs but Mulgrew and Grassi couldnt defend worth a shit.

Ifil was here last season so thats not a valid excuse.

And you arnt telling me that millers wage didnt cover at least two maybes three of the players he took in.

All will be revealed when the accounts finally come out.

Let's skip the wait for something you won't understand anyway.

I'll give you my assumption of the annual reports. Player budget 2009 - 2010 was down due to the Setanta issue. Player budget in 2010-2011 was similar to that of 2011-2012 however there was no added revenue after poor results in 2009-2010.

In relative terms we still pay top 4 salaries. The manager has total control over playing budget.

Are you suggesting we start to live outwith our means?

Ifil was here last season so thats not a valid excuse.

And you arnt telling me that millers wage didnt cover at least two maybes three of the players he took in.

All will be revealed when the accounts finally come out.

Ifil certainly plays like he's an invalid.

I'd take poor full backs over none at all too btw.

Anyway, I've concluded I'm the div here for trying to argue having no full backs at the club at the start of the season is a bad thing and solely the responsibility of the manager.

By the way, you can't have Maclean who replaced Miller on the same list.

I'm sure Paterson was also a 6 month loan to reaplce someone else on that list.

3 players difference in terms of actual numbers then, budget, who knows? Improved deals for Pawlett and Fyvie could easily have knocked it to fuck.

Any way you dice it McGhee has been piss poor.

Ok I'll bite as well Stoney.

Whilst i'll grant you they weren't exactly world class, a poor/average full back is better than no full back as Funster states.

If you require proof, then think about how many 9-0 defeats they played in.

I don't care how you dress it up, our defence with either or both of them in it was nothing like as fucking bad as it is this season

Ok I'll bite as well Stoney.

Whilst i'll grant you they weren't exactly world class, a poor/average full back is better than no full back as Funster states.

If you require proof, then think about how many 9-0 defeats they played in.

I don't care how you dress it up, our defence with either or both of them in it was nothing like as fucking bad as it is this season

6a00d8341c761a53ef0120a4e52bcc970b-320wi

P Marshall

D Grassi

S Duff

M Ross

C Mulgrew

And of those Mo Ross was here October to December 31st, Marshall January to May and I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Grassi was on less than fuck all and Duff fuck all. Wouldn't stretch the imagination too far to suggest those wages being swallowed up by signing on fees and wages in this seasons squad.