Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

"The Board Has Finally Done The Right Thing" - Chris Crighton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crighton can kiss my arse. He wanted McGhee out midweek, change your mind if you want but poke the holier than thou attitude.

It's amazing isn't it? I can accept the board coming out and supporting a manager even in the wake of the humiliation at Parkhead, but that support does seem more than a bit hollow given the time taken to actually publicise it!

Then we have folks who seem to have got themselves turned around by the board simply saying "he's da man" and Crighton's about turn and incredible rallying cry when no manager should be able to withstand getting the dunt when his record (yes, Mark, all those results from your time at AFC will be in Wikipedia) is so utterly appalling.

But as we were told so often by some imbeciles a short time ago, we will get the club we deserve. I hope not, but it looks inevitable. 

Could always try supporting the manager a bit, ken a united front, at least for a wee while - you might enjoy it :)

You first. Oh, wait, we tried that before.

As bobby has said, support what though? What tangible has happened that I or anyone else can get behind?

The board are getting to back a poor manager and be applauded for it? My fucking arse.

I am actually quite happy with this decision.

Give Magoo a few more weeks and it if it's still going Pete Tong, he gets the bullet then (or preferably walks away - the only way for him to retain a shred of dignity in that scenario).

Why spunk away £400K now, when the best we can reasonably hope for this season is mid-table mediocrity anyway?

Even Magoo is capable of taking us there... surely?!?!

No manager is going to get this mob higher than Hearts/United/Motherwell, in what remains of this season, are they?

Would love to see some sort of miracle turn around over the coming weeks, but rather suspect we will have a new management team by January!

:-\

We have been playing good football from what i have seen, create lots of chances score lots of goals, Defensivly we have been shite, can legislate for human error:)

:lolabove:

Obviously you don't watch the same football team as i do. How can you say we are playing good football? we are 1 point off bottom ffs! As for creating lots of chances half the games we've played in we've had around 2 shots on target! occasionally it has clicked up front but that means nothing when we have more leaks at the back than the titanic! (which by the way is the only thing i can agree with you.

I will however get behind the team as that's all we can do but this is deadly series as i cannot see us picking up points other than against St Johnstone out of the upcoming fixtures:

Rangers (A)

Kilmarnock (A)

Celtic (H)

Hearts (A)

OH DEAR  :(

Ah the good old you're either with us or against us line

I remember several characters from my history lessons at school of characters that adapted that line...... Hitler, Stalin etc etc.

I'd love to with you Stoney and would like you to help me get there, so please explain to a fairly simple old cunt like myself exactly What has changed from Wednesday morning to Friday morning to help me make that journey because i'm patently missing something big here and sense a right few others on here haven't grasped it either ???

Nothing has changed since the start of the season for me, We have a manager, with no budget and we are currently paying the heavy price for that lack of investment.

So nothing is different ???

Is losing 9-0 not grounds for dismisal, is going through three transfer windows without sorting out the defence not grounds for dismisal  ??? Trust me on this Stoney, I want to be on the bus, but I need answers

Ah the good old you're either with us or against us line

I remember several characters from my history lessons at school of characters that adapted that line...... Hitler, Stalin etc etc.

I'd love to with you Stoney and would like you to help me get there, so please explain to a fairly simple old cunt like myself exactly What has changed from Wednesday morning to Friday morning to help me make that journey because i'm patently missing something big here and sense a right few others on here haven't grasped it either ???

Al, the only thing that has changed is that a decision has been made. That in itself is what has created a minor ground swell of opinion that fans now just have to get behind the team and try to encourage results on the pitch to change. For those who hold that position I can see no problem, it's their choice to make, it really just comes down to how you view things. I'm not sure it means they are saying the past is acceptable, only in the past.

McGhee's form still remains diabolical and the prospect of improvement remains slim but for some they need to hope for better, for others they will stay in that angry place until the easy decision is taken, to remove McGhee.

For those people who are holding that position on here, what are your views on what should be done beyond McGhee's removal ? It's easy to type angrily about what a terrible performance it has been and how bad our current predicament is but is there any constructive debate about the options to go forward ? It used to be the strength of Donstalk, constructive discussion, yet so few seem to engage now.

Nothing has changed since the start of the season for me, We have a manager, with no budget and we are currently paying the heavy price for that lack of investment.

correct me if I'm wrong but only Hearts and maybe Hibs pay more in wages than we do, therefore although there may well be under investment, it is still more investment than anyone else

correct me if I'm wrong but only Hearts and maybe Hibs pay more in wages than we do, therefore although there may well be under investment, it is still more investment than anyone else

Who are our biggest earners accountable for most of our wage bill?

Cant be any of the new guys, Would imagine Hartley being on a bit of dough.

Would Imagine Howard and Neilson Being on about the same. Mcdonald and Folly about the same. Vernon and Wright about the same, Mccardle and Mair about the same. Magennis? Cant be on much.

So that leaves hartley, surely even with the best will in the world wasnt on the same wage as Kerr, Duff, Miller, Mulgrew, grassi and ross. thats not even including the youngstars we fucked off.

The sums dont add up and i would love to know why the accounts are now two weeks late in coming out.

McGhee's credibility was harmed the moment he hummed and hawed waiting for the call from the east end of Glasgow. That will not have endeared him to a lot of the support, and I include myself here.

However the board decided to wait and, as soon as he was officially the manager of AFC he had my backing (however much I didn't think it was the rightappointment at the time)

We erenow, however in a shocking position. We have a team whose defenders seem to have forgotten how to defend (or got too cocky ZD?), due to financial restraint we have a paper-thin squad to can do little to replace them, surely thgis is an issue for better training/coaching/nurturing of said players.

We have some decent players and, overall, from last season we appear to have a stronger squad, especially with Hartley, what I've seen of Folly and the younsters having another year's experience. Again all teams get injuries, so that's only really an excuse due to the paper-thin nature of our squad

However I still cannot believe we went into the season with no recognised full backs, that really is amateurish at best, criminal at worst, and the sort of mistakes rookie bosses don't make. For that MM HAS to take responsibility. That worries me, how can he get that so wrong?

I still believe we will climb out of this mess, and finish with some sort of mid table "respectability" (although, Mark, that ain't repectable for me!), I know that I still desperately want to believe that, and for that alone I will give him/AFC my backing as a supporter. ALWAYS will I support Aberdeen FC.

That doesn't blind me to the fact that orr club is in deep doo-doo and needs fixed, desperately.

I think the club needs to take a long hard look at the coaching/management/board structure, THINK about it, nothing rash, then make changes.

Perhaps we need to be looking at how other clubs do it first a pick on the best of what they do, and I mean clubs worldwide, nae just in the SPL/SFL.

Do some fucking research Stewartie/Willie/Mark, I'm sure there are better ways than Board-Manager-Assistant-Coaches-Players??

Sorry that ended up a lot longer than planned, hope it still makes sense?

COYR

How did we manage to sign the likes of Hartley then?  ???

You Do the maths. Last Season squad - I have highlighted the playing staff who have left us.

S Aluko

S Bain

A Considine

J Crawford

Z Diamond

S Duff

R Foster

F Fyvie

D Gibson

D Grassi

J Grimmer

Hs Hansson

J Ifil

R Jack

M Kerr

J Langfield

N Low

S MacLean

D Mackie

C Maguire

P Marshall

G McDonald

M Megginson

L Miller

C Mulgrew

S Nelson

J Paterson

M Paton

P Pawlett

C Robertson

S Ross

M Ross

J Shaughnessy

S Smith

S Stewart

T Wright

D Young

How much money were those players on before they left! I'll bet more than the 7 players we took in.

Al, the only thing that has changed is that a decision has been made. That in itself is what has created a minor ground swell of opinion that fans now just have to get behind the team and try to encourage results on the pitch to change. For those who hold that position I can see no problem, it's their choice to make, it really just comes down to how you view things. I'm not sure it means they are saying the past is acceptable, only in the past.

McGhee's form still remains diabolical and the prospect of improvement remains slim but for some they need to hope for better, for others they will stay in that angry place until the easy decision is taken, to remove McGhee.

For those people who are holding that position on here, what are your views on what should be done beyond McGhee's removal ? It's easy to type angrily about what a terrible performance it has been and how bad our current predicament is but is there any constructive debate about the options to go forward ? It used to be the strength of Donstalk, constructive discussion, yet so few seem to engage now.

Good post.

However it is not easy to swallow that decision from the board given the shambolic state of affairs, although we may be bitching and moaning that does not mean we are not 110% hoping and preying for some good results. At the end of the day Mcghee should not be in charge of AFC this has been proved time and time again. You are correct that the past is unacceptable but just because they are in the past i cannot just act like it doesn't matter.

Can i not "Stay in that angry place" and "hope for better"

Unfortunately i am not going to subject you to some utter B*****K's about what we should do as the simple fact is without investment there is nothing to do!

You Do the maths. Last Season squad - I have highlighted the playing staff who have left us.

S Aluko

S Bain

A Considine

J Crawford

Z Diamond

S Duff

R Foster

F Fyvie

D Gibson

D Grassi

J Grimmer

Hs Hansson

J Ifil

R Jack

M Kerr

J Langfield

N Low

S MacLean

D Mackie

C Maguire

P Marshall

G McDonald

M Megginson

L Miller

C Mulgrew

S Nelson

J Paterson

M Paton

P Pawlett

C Robertson

S Ross

M Ross

J Shaughnessy

S Smith

S Stewart

T Wright

D Young

How much money were those players on before they left! I'll bet more than the 7 players we took in.

Ergo he did have a budget then.