Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dead man walking

Despite what I said earlier, I don't for a second want to see us bin McGhee at the moment.

Am pretty confident that Falkirk will make sure we don't get relegated.

If results haven't improved by end of season though, I think I would welcome his departure during the summer...

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it definitely looks like McGhee has badly misjudged and is badly mismanaging this group of players...

Christ, what a bloddy fankle we have gotten ourselves into!

:hammer:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocket debris

McGhee is indeed a dead man walking. He's been killed by his players, and he's been killed by his bosses.

Much as I wanted him to be the first competent appointment in the whole of Milne's tenure, he's not.

It's a fucking disaster. A disaster that's been ongoing since two decades ago.

The frustrating thing for me is that in our last 13 games we have won comfortably at Tannadice, easily dispensed with Hearts in the cup and taken them to pieces at Tynecastle with some scintillating football and given Hibs a really good game away as well as outplaying Celtic at home.

However, we have also failed to defeat Raith twice, been humiliated by Motherwell at home and lost to Falkirk twice as well as losing to St Mirren.

Its easy to think we are a team who are on the slide right now but 40% of these recent performances have been good ones. The whole clubs is suffering from a lot of problems, there is no doubting that but at present its really only confidence and hard work that is putting fears of relegation in our minds. I can't see us in serious trouble but this season will deliver nothing for us for sure. Its all about what the squad looks like going into next season and right now ho the fuck knows what thats going to be!

Guest rocket debris

Indeed the poor results are down to an inability to break down defensive teams. However this season is over and whether McGhee wants a clearout or not I don't see us getting in adequate replacements. If we do then I'm afraid people will be banging on about transitional seasons once again.

Who gives a fuck about what other people say? What we are watching is what we see. Facts.

Agree that I don't see this regime - board nor manager - being capable of adequate replacementness.

I don't think it's a relevant point about teams playing defensively and us struggling to break them down.  Teams for as long as I can remember - with the exception of a couple of very bleak seasons - have always come to Pittodrie and sat in.  That's just part of the game and it's our job to break them down.  None of that means that players shouldn't be arsed, nor is it an excuse that players get careless with their passing or their touch.

Guest rocket debris

I don't give a fuck. I'm just saying that excuses will be getting banded about for another season.

Not by AFC fans. Apologists and deniers of the truth find their destiny in the after life, if I don't get to them first.

It's not just playing at pittodrie.

Even under Jimmy we were very good at going across the pitch. We have been a team of pace and not much skill for quite a while.

I don't give a fuck. I'm just saying that excuses will be getting banded about for another season.

I'd say it's more pertinent at Pittodrie because we are really struggling there, but yeah I generally agree with that.

Guest rocket debris

Well then you don't read enough of other people's opinions. fair enough you say you don't give a fuck and neither do I.

To think that everyone who supports Aberdeen thinks exactly the same as yourself is a tad naive for someone of your age. If you want to threaten them like some keyboard hard man to get them to think like you then you'll fail miserably.

Chillax. Real. Virtual. Serious. Bullshit. Care. Bear. Worried. Troubled. Very concerned.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the majority of retards who call themselves dons fans.

The situation is simple, our chairman has been strangling the club for years, he forced out our best manager since fergie by letting countless players leave and not replacing them. We may be 'financially stable' but for me you can keep it, we should have kicked on when we qualified for knockout uefa cup but just dismantled the team.

People kept calling for jimmys head, but it's obvious he was an expert at polishing the turd afc has become.

Now retards want mcghee out? There would go the transfer budget for 4 seasons as compo.

We now have fuck all chance of attracting players, keeping loan players, or signing those out of contract.

This season is over, but while wiggy is here future seasons look worse.

Get real, get wiggy to fuck.

Don't let stats stand in the way of your retarded opinion.

I really don't care if you want to carry on wanking over how pleased you are Jimmy got the boot, but some of us have a brain and can see what is going on at the club.

Nice of you to give an example of a typical dons fan tho

Who do you reckon it was then BB?

Alex Smith maybe but he had far better resources.

Smith and Scott.  Better resources, yes, but if they hadn't done well with them then they'd be derided for that. So credit where it's due.

Don't let stats stand in the way of your retarded opinion.

I really don't care if you want to carry on wanking over how pleased you are Jimmy got the boot, but some of us have a brain and can see what is going on at the club.

Nice of you to give an example of a typical dons fan tho

Belter.

Guest rocket debris

Calderwood the survivor. Calderwood the stabiliser. Calderwood the non-winner. Calderwood the loser. Whatever.

The boy was an embarrassment to the North East. All Aberdeen fans know this.

You want to debate this? Before you do, consider how non-shoogly your opening position is.

Smith and Scott.  Better resources, yes, but if they hadn't done well with them then they'd be derided for that. So credit where it's due.

Also, Porterfield had more or less the same resources and did fuck all with that side, in fact, we were in a pretty bad way - relatively - when he was with us. So yes, I do think Smith/Scott can class themselves the most successful since Fergie.

Guest rocket debris

Before it all goes pear shaped, and if I'm involved that's a fucking cert, can I just say that nt's post attributing responsibility to the chairman is correct, but the comment that fat cunt fuck was the most successful whatever the fuck you said since the boy, was just hideous.

Guest rocket debris

When you think about the amount of money that was being thrown at the game back then to try and compete with Rangers who were basically buying the league for 9 seasons. That spending is one of the reasons so many teams are in the position they are in financially. I guess you also have to consider that it was also still in the 2 points for a win time. There has been a titanic swing back in favour of the old firm since then. All things considered Calderwood certainly isn't a successful manager given that he never won anything but he was one of our better managers since Fergie. Despite rocket's fishing village mentality not all Aberdeen fans are as narrow minded or bitter.

Whoa, horse. You not learned yet? I will fucking slaughter you if you want a direct confrontation, your motivations for entering into such a position being more obvious to me than to you.

When you think about the amount of money that was being thrown at the game back then to try and compete with Rangers who were basically buying the league for 9 seasons. That spending is one of the reasons so many teams are in the position they are in financially. I guess you also have to consider that it was also still in the 2 points for a win time. There has been a titanic swing back in favour of the old firm since then. All things considered Calderwood certainly isn't a successful manager given that he never won anything but he was one of our better managers since Fergie. Despite rocket's fishing village mentality not all Aberdeen fans are as narrow minded or bitter.

The spending Smith and Scott did probably paid for itself in that we won two trophies and had second place finishes (it almost certainly did as we were in the black at the time Miller bacame manager).  I never for a second said that JC was a bad manager - for the simple fact I don't believe that's the case - just that the claim he was the best since Fergie was somewhat wrong, and it is. 

Not sure if your last line is anything to do with my quote or not, but I sincerely hope it's not.

Guest rocket debris

You know my motives more than I do?

Mindless rants may be your forte but mind reading isn't.  ;)

More to do with Rocket's ascertions that all Aberdeen fans think in a certain way. I also didn't suggest you said he was a bad manager.

Trust me. Your mind is more known by me than it is by yourself in one material respect. I have no desire to prove it and humiliate you publicly. Actually, that's a fucking lie. I would love the opportunity, if your coffee morning admin would permit?

Guest rocket debris

Well rocket seems to know what we all think as he speaks for all aberdeen fans.

Are we allowed to eat sandwiches at the coffee morning?

Listen smart arse, and listen real good.

Here's the deal. The clues are all above. When ST said this place is dying, and you, incredulously, invoke fishing village mentality, the irony is immense.

If you really are so desperate for a "showdown", may I suggest that the rules of engagement are clarified?

Firstly, what are we debating? I have some ideas for thought starters but it's your gig, it's your spiritual home, it's your motivations so you can call this.

Then, once the debate is clarified, we both make one opening statement, we comment on each other's then make concluding statements, three posts each.

The judge and jury can decide who won the debate.