Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dead man walking

We've all watched football for a long time.

Love him or hate him, everything surrounding McGhee shows the classic signs of a man incapable of turning this around, and to allow him to inflict further damage will put us in serious danger of relegation.

The next humiliation in the post is in the next week or 2 when Calderwood's Kilmarnock overtake us in the league.

He's lost the players and he's more or less lost the fans. I'd rather get rid off him now than extend this pain until the end of the season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you making up post it notes with slogans on them already?

I've got no idea what you mean, so I'll say 'no'.

This is got Steve Patterson written all over it. I'd quite happily stuff McGhee in the boot of a car and drive him out of Pittodrie just now.

We've all watched football for a long time.

Love him or hate him, everything surrounding McGhee shows the classic signs of a man incapable of turning this around, and to allow him to inflict further damage will put us in serious danger of relegation.

The next humiliation in the post is in the next week or 2 when Calderwood's Kilmarnock overtake us in the league.

He's lost the players and he's more or less lost the fans. I'd rather get rid off him now than extend this pain until the end of the season.

Sadly I've got to agree with this.  :(

Is he on a one year contract - has that been confirmed?

Of course we dont!

I agree, we don't.

However, all the signs are that McGhee is incapable of getting this group of players to consistently pick up points.

I'd prefer for AFC to take decisive action now rather than wait for McGhee to drag this team down further while we're humming and hawing.

Nobody wants us to go on the managerial merry-go-round again however with relegation floating about it may be the only option.

Motherwell have had 2 managers this season and are looking much better than us also Jimmy has already made a big difference with Killie.

With the players at our disposal we should be a good 10 points better off and in the QF of the Scottish cup.

Not sure if I really want Mcghee to go or not, but how long can we carry on losing?

Eh?

So - 'Well are doing fine still - with a bunch of McGhee players.

Killie are on the up with a manager who was blamed for our results.

And we're going backwards in leaps and bounds.

Is none of this pointing at the common denominator - our players being useless cnts with attitudes that bear no relation to their talent?  We don't need a new manager.  We need a new squad.

Eh?

So - 'Well are doing fine still - with a bunch of McGhee players.

Killie are on the up with a manager who was blamed for our results.

And we're going backwards in leaps and bounds.

Is none of this pointing at the common denominator - our players being useless cnts with attitudes that bear no relation to their talent?  We don't need a new manager.  We need a new squad.

Possibly, but it isn't going to happen.

All this talk of losing Langfield, Mulgrew, Kerr, McDonald, Aluko etc and somehow replacing them with better players is ludicrous.

These players may very well leave, but we'll replace them with bottom of the barrel sh*te from English 2nd division teams, and we'll continue to go backwards until we evntually get relegated in a season or two.

I'd prefer to get a manager who can get these players to play football.

In all honesty at this moment in time I'd happily accept Calderwood back.

All this talk of losing Langfield, Mulgrew, Kerr, McDonald, Aluko etc and somehow replacing them with better players is ludicrous.

These players may very well leave, but we'll replace them with bottom of the barrel sh*te from English 2nd division teams, and we'll continue to go backwards until we evntually get relegated in a season or two.

Precisely.

We don't need a new manager.  We need a new squad.

Eight of the starting eleven today were part of the squad which qualified for Europe last season. So in terms of ability the squad should be fine. If we're looking for a common denominator, maybe we should be looking at why this group of players are not performing for our new manager, and why the Kilmarnock players are playing for their new manager.

The answer, in my opinion, is Jimmy Calderwood.

Precisely.

Eight of the starting eleven today were part of the squad which qualified for Europe last season. So in terms of ability the squad should be fine. If we're looking for a common denominator, maybe we should be looking at why this group of players are not performing for our new manager, and why the Kilmarnock players are playing for their new manager.

The answer, in my opinion, is Jimmy Calderwood.

Ok, so we get rid of McGhee. And get another guy in. What if they don't like him either? Sack him? And then the next guy that comes in and so on and so forth.

McGhee has made mistakes, and is continuing to make mistakes which is more than extremely worrying, but those imposters we call professional footballers are cheating every single person who holds this club dear.  A mate of mine said to me today "at least they looked as though they tried today"... and that's a positive? Jesus fuck.

I'm not saying they should sack him, but I am suggesting he's not very good at his job. Over time I dare say he'll get a squad of like-minded people together at the club and results will improve.

However, bringing him to afc has set us back a few seasons in my opinion.

Ok, so we get rid of McGhee. And get another guy in. What if they don't like him either? Sack him? And then the next guy that comes in and so on and so forth.

McGhee has made mistakes, and is continuing to make mistakes which is more than extremely worrying, but those imposters we call professional footballers are cheating every single person who holds this club dear.  A mate of mine said to me today "at least they looked as though they tried today"... and that's a positive? Jesus fuck.

Both very good points.

Was discussing this earlier and came to the conclusion that the problems within our club are:

We have a manager who can't manage.

We have a captain who just can't captain.

We have a board who don't want to invest.

We have players who can't/won't play football.

We have supporters that don't want to support the team anymore.

Hardly an ideal mix.

I have absolutely no idea what the solution is though.

It's sadly the way of football though.

When things go badly wrong you can't sack the players, you change the manager.

As pointed out, 8 of these players were involved in us finishing 4th last season. Do we honestly believe that they've suddenly, deliberately made a group decision to stop trying a leg ?

They look demoralised, shot of confidence and confused.

Anybody watch Scotland under Vogts and Burley ? Watching Aberdeen just now is exactly the same.....Burley managed to turn the group of players that beat France twice and almost knocked Italy out into a confused group of halfwits.

McGhee has done the same to this group of players.

All this talk of losing Langfield,Mulgrew, Kerr, McDonald, Aluko/b] , etc and somehow replacing them with better players is ludicrous.

The four highlighted are doing their best to drive Dingus out

I'm not saying they should sack him, but I am suggesting he's not very good at his job. Over time I dare say he'll get a squad of like-minded people together at the club and results will improve.

However, bringing him to afc has set us back a few seasons in my opinion.

Well, he maybe isn't very good at his job. I've never been overly convinced either way. But do you think the players are putting in an honest shift every week? Whether the manager isn't very good or not, players should still be putting in a shift or is it ok for them not to if they don't like their manager? 

I don't believe Mark Kerr has forgotten how to pass the ball ten yards because Mark McGhee isn't as good a manager as JC, do you believe that?

Those players bust a gut in the game v Celtic, and now it seems they're back to not giving a fuck.