Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Your choice for forward pairing

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing with this is though, does a pairing like this not have to be  given time ie 5 or six games in which to be judged, of which we, as supporters are unlikely to give them, such is our perogative?

The one thing I would say about this is that our strikers are not what you would call prolific in their current partnerships so I think most fans are used to this. I am sure we would give them 5 or 6 games together to maybe find an understanding. I mean how long have we given Darren Mackie and some supporters still think the sun shines out of his arse.

• 3 weeks later...

Miller & Paton (32.1%)

Miller & Mackie (21.4%)

Miller & Maguire (21.4%)

Maguire & Paton (17.9%)

Mackie & Paton (3.6%)

Mackie & Wright (3.6%)

Miller 74.9%

Paton 53.6%

Maguire 39.3%

Mackie 28.6%

Wright 3.6%

Interesting to see Paton getting twice as much votes as Mackie and Maguire getting more votes than mackie.

I will reset the voting at lunchtime for our current strikers.

Guest rocket debris

Seen you say that on afc chat and still don't agree, lets hope your proved wrong.

Yes I very much hope I'm wrong. It's only 3 games and he will obviously lack match fitness but I was hoping to see something in this striker that justifies McGhee being after him for a while. I just don't see anything yet. My boat he fails to float. Not strong, not fast, not anything really. A side getting relegated to the third tier of English football don't want him. He would need to prove that shit side wrong and I'm struggling to see exactly what this wee man can bring to the table.

Yes I very much hope I'm wrong. It's only 3 games and he will obviously lack match fitness but I was hoping to see something in this striker that justifies McGhee being after him for a while. I just don't see anything yet. My boat he fails to float. Not strong, not fast, not anything really. A side getting relegated to the third tier of English football don't want him. He would need to prove that shit side wrong and I'm struggling to see exactly what this wee man can bring to the table.

I tend to agree rd, watched the match last night on gaelspeakshite tv and aside from a pretty good finish, didn't do much to see the clamour from McGhee to sign him. He will be short of fitness/sharpness so we'll have to wait a bit longer for destroying the poor soul from the stands, nasty hearted fans that we are.

Mackie and Paton for me too, I was looking forward to Paton getting a run in the team anyway and that too was a sharp finish from him last night.

Not sure, probably Mackie and Paton, I'd rather Maguire and Paton but, you know...

I'm almost positive that only Killie and terminate the loan, we can't recall him, however I'm sure there'll be some sort of gentlemans agreement in there.

Fact is, if Mackie, McLean and Paton all get injured at once we are seriously fucked.

Guest rocket debris

I tend to agree rd, watched the match last night on gaelspeakshite tv and aside from a pretty good finish, didn't do much to see the clamour from McGhee to sign him. He will be short of fitness/sharpness so we'll have to wait a bit longer for destroying the poor soul from the stands, nasty hearted fans that we are.

Mackie and Paton for me too, I was looking forward to Paton getting a run in the team anyway and that too was a sharp finish from him last night.

After Paton's showing at Dumpdee in the cup tie that Clangers gave away, I was surprised he didn't get that many starts. Against Rangers he ran them ragged and set up the goal for the Boro striker. He created a chance all for himself at the start of the second half on Saturday and he has a fierce shot on him. As he proved again last night, this kid can play. Good that we're finally getting to see him. He actually excited me more than the other two youngsters coming through but Pawlett will be sorely missed if his knee is fucked and FF is too young to get burdened with too much expectation.

I'll wait a few more games yet before my nasty heart kicks in towards Maclean although if Clangers reverts to type any match soon, that fucker's getting it. Actually I'm not a boo-er and other than the odd FFS or similar towards another piece of incompetence too far, tend not to berate individuals. What surprises me is all these so called complaints about booing and general nasty heartedness towards professional footballers. I just don't hear this excessive stuff that is supposedly spouted at Pittodrie.

It's definitely there to be heard. I occasionally contribute with some helpful shouts from the stands but am not a fan of booing players on or off the park. The end of the match is fair game for the lot of them.

Paton is a young hungry guy with the attitude to match though as Labirinth said, is surprisingly short of pace. If Paton had Maguire's skill with his own attitude we'd have a player on our hands.

Clangers needs to sort it oot min! Looking ill at ease for some reason but I don't think the chopping and changing of the back 4 helps him much. By no means an excuse though.

I think maybe Mcghee/AFC are taking the opposite approach with Paton to that taken with Mogwaire. He possibly played too much too young. It's the same concern for a midfielder in that we don't want to overexpose them but Fyvie or Pawlett won't get slated for going 10 games without a goal. Paton would, just like Mogwai does. So fair enough try and build him up a bit slower than the midfielders despite him being a couple years older.

Having said that. If it's a cup final I'm going for Mackie and Paton up front. Maclean has to earn a place for me as much as those 2 have to lose it.

I went with MacLean rather than Mackie, due to him starting to look promising on Wednesday night. I had not seen anything to impress me from him up to that point, but I have been encouraged. His movement sort of reminded me a bit of Lovell.

He showed signs of this early on at Starks park before the mud and the heroic closing down of Raith took it stoll (about 15 minutes in!). I thought he made some very good runs and did some intelligent things with the ball in the first quarter. He might struggle with teams who shut him down and allow him no space (as the whole team do!) but there is something there to hope for.  :thumbsup:

Maguires best position is up front. There is no debating that and i wouldn't say he's crap when played there. Its just its like Reekie says, it'll be late on or Shite service. Hopefully this loan move will knock some sense in him whilst also restoring some confidence in his forward play. Fingers crossed he'll return a better player.

Maguires best position is up front. There is no debating that and i wouldn't say he's crap when played there. Its just its like Reekie says, it'll be late on or Shite service. Hopefully this loan move will knock some sense in him whilst also restoring some confidence in his forward play. Fingers crossed he'll return a better player.

Maguire's best position is playing for Kilmarnock!  :thumbsup: