Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St Johnstone v The Dons

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Perth now. Been out for a run this morning and there was very light rain and no sign of snow as yet. Didn't seem too cold either. Still lots of snow and slush on the ground but roads are clear. I think it all depends on Saints getting their undersoil heating fixed.

I'm up at McDiarmid later on so will try and get the inside track.

Work continues across all areas of the McDiarmid Park complex to get tomorrow’s game against Aberdeen on.

The team of people working on the broken undersoil heating system got their reward yesterday evening when the repaired system burst into life and the hope now is that the system will do its job in the hours ahead.

From the Saints web site... looking more likely that it'll be on...

Anyone heading down early?

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TOMORROW MORNING

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TOMORROW MORNING Massive efforts are continuing to get tomorrow’s game against Aberdeen on and extensive work has seen significant progress made on the pitch, stadium and surrounding areas.

The work will continue from early tomorrow morning and to that end the Club are seeking the services of a maximum of twenty able-bodied supporters who would be willing to assist from 8am with tasks which may include general cleaning duties, mopping up and other work on the surrounding areas. Volunteers will be needed for a maximum of two hours.

If you are interested in being one of the twenty, please telephone Paul Smith on 01738 459099. Please only volunteer if you know that you can definitely attend.

Supporters of both St Johnstone and Aberdeen should be assured that every effort is being made to get the game on.

My early start is fucked now cos waiting for results of the pitch inspection before the venga bus leaves >:D

Why wait? Just go, my trip to Paisley was a definate success despite there being no football.

Got to my mates party in record time, was there by 6pm for the 8pm start, fell over onto the xmas tree (somehow fixing the lights) before knocking over his fishbowl, killing his 2 innocent fish. Was tucked up in my bed by 7pm.

Successful day out I think we all agree.

This is a fucking pisser.  Was supposed to be getting paid in the morning, looks like work have fucked it up and are now saying "it's looking like Monday...sorry!"  So need to check my account in the morn, if it's in, I was going to get the 10.41 train up, but now cos of the inspection that plan is fucked as well... all of this does not augur well in general, I fear...

The folk up at the ground were certain the game was going to be on. As long as the undersoil heating didn't break down again, which was unlikely as the temperarture isn't dipping anywhere near the lows of the last couple of weeks, then it will be fine.

See you all in Brennans.