Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clearout Required

The sacking of Leighton was proof enough of one head too many. Remember that JC had JN and SC where MM has only SL. That's two heads saved immediately, money that should be going to the squad. Assuming that we saved in the region of £150k from these two headcount rationalisations both as a result of our new manager's decisions, surely giving £20k back to him isn't unfair?

Leighton was replaced with Meldrum. So that's a load of nonsense.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocket debris

Leighton was replaced with Meldrum. So that's a load of nonsense.

I thought Meldrum's role encompassed a number of aspects including scouting duties, multi-tasking if you will. But you must agree that there has been significant cost saving compared to Calderwood? Even one head saved should free up some cash for the most important part of the business, yet the board refused to invest back a small portion.

I think they've backed him to a point and has the budget really been cut that much? I've seen the various lists of players who are out but I think that's almost matched by players who are in (Ifil, Grassi, Ross, Marshall) and by improved deals for the kids.

Regardless, the board need to get the finger out and support their appointment futher.

I thought Meldrum's role encompassed a number of aspects including scouting duties, multi-tasking if you will. But you

must agree that there has been significant cost saving compared to Calderwood? Even one head saved should free up some cash for the most important part of the business, yet the board refused to invest back a small portion.

I was under the impression Meldrum was a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach? I was unaware he was employed in any other roles other than that.

This supposed divisions within our ranks is counter-productive and clouds the debate. I never raised a comment about being concerned about it. I do not belong to JMG or any other group. As a number of others have said on here, the problem was historic as he should never have been given the extension. This was a mistake that the club made and it is indeed history, yet another poor decision that holds us back. All I want is a successful AFC. To skew the debate as you have, installing blame exclusively at the new manager's door, is fundamentally flawed as the vast majority of Aberdeen fans will appreciate, including the weegie ones on here.

When did I lay the blame at McGhee's door?

It wasn't McGhee decision to sack a management team. It wasn't McGhee's decision to pay them off and it wasn't McGhee's decision to pay compo to Motherwell. It wasn't McGhee's fault Setanta collapsed etc. I could go on all day.

I just think that those that wanted Calderwood and his management team out and McGhee in, then bleet about having no money have to realise that the more rational supporters questioned where this money was going to come from and if this money was going to be spent, then would it have a detrimental effect of the team budget?

Ultimately, McGhee knew the budget of AFC before he signed on the dotted line, so he should be able to work with.