Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Clearout Required

Blind faith? or giving the guy a fair chance?

I Dont like him, didnt want him but thus far he has received next to know backing and in my opinion we have a better team than we did last season.

I think we have made progress under Mcghee in my opinion it was a season too late and his task is much bigger than what it was when most of us first feared there was a problem.

;D

With the exception of the form of Peter Pawlett and the emergence of Fraser Fyvie, I am struggling to find much progress that has been made. For the vast majority of the season, the football hasn't improved and consequently the entertainment factor hasn't improved. Dominating possession yet doing very little with it is an all too familiar recurring theme of Aberdeen's play and has been evident on several occasions this season. Miller is still affected by bouts of laziness and theatrics, Mackie still can't score in a barrel of fannies, Kerr goes from being absolutely dung to brilliant, McDonald has an invisibility cloak, Aluko has never hit form this season (although the U-21 World Cup and injuries will have held him back), Maguire is still listed under the category of 'has glimpses of potential' and Langfield still can't kick over the half-way line. Foster, Pawlett and Fyvie are the only ones that immediately spring to my mind that have been set a consistent standard. There is no evidence to me that points towards real progress has been made.

Perhaps during the transfer windows, McGhee can clear the players that he doesn't want and believes he doesn't need (Wright, McDonald, Young, Duff, Mackie, Maguire & Paton out on loan etc), he will some budget to work round and a few targets that he can really go for which will improve the team. However, until then it's all a lot of hot air to the press.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of it has taken the term "Blind faith" to unheard of levels...

K9 listing off players who had less than 5 minutes game time for the U12's, as a reason why McGhee's squad is significantly worse than Calderwood's?

I think there is a little bit of panic creeping in, given the - what appear to be - inflated transfer fees listed, too (according to my memory).

K9 listing off players who had less than 5 minutes game time for the U12's, as a reason why McGhee's squad is significantly worse than Calderwood's?

You mean this list?

Out from last season:

Stewart

Bossu

JDV

Hodgkiss

Vidal

Mair

Severin

Smith

Seriously, wtf?! Stewart & Bossu, those regular starters we're really missing. Even though Vidal replaced Hodgekiss, we're missing 2 players. And Smith, when we he last fit? 1907?

And as for that LS fellow, keeps deleting all my posts that disagree with him, and started editing mine too, there's a lovely example where he's changed my post so i'm actually apologising to him  ???

Blind faith? or giving the guy a fair chance?

I Dont like him, didnt want him but thus far he has received next to know backing and in my opinion we have a better team than we did last season.

I think we have made progress under Mcghee in my opinion it was a season too late and his task is much bigger than what it was when most of us first feared there was a problem.

If its the case then we shouldn't be 6 points worse than we were at this point last season.

Guest rocket debris

Either we don't have a better squad than last year, or the players are letting us down (surely not!), or McGhee is struggling.

Thanks for the multi choice.

Guest rocket debris

It's a shame you are unable to make your own decisions.

I'll go for option c, as I think the squad is on a par with last season's.  McGhee isn't (currently) getting the best out of them.

Should have kept the fat orange weegie then.

Guest rocket debris

But we have a new weegie who is like the awesomest of awesomeness.

Have not seen one post on here that substantiates this. I suspect a few are hoping he fails though.

Have not seen one post on here that substantiates this. I suspect a few are hoping he fails though.

You are wrong. Very wrong.

In my lifetime I only ever remember one small group of Aberdeen "Fans" who wanted Aberdeen to fail, towards the end of last season, against ICT I seem to remember, I wonder what ever happened to them.

Every last man here wants us to be a success. I'm yet to see any evidence to disprove this fact.

Guest rocket debris

You are wrong. Very wrong.

In my lifetime I only ever remember one small group of Aberdeen "Fans" who wanted Aberdeen to fail, towards the end of last season, against ICT I seem to remember, I wonder what ever happened to them.

Every last man here wants us to be a success. I'm yet to see any evidence to disprove this fact.

Keep your hair on. It was only a mild "I suspect...".

You speak for everyone? Fuck me, you're good.

On the field I think McGhee is doing ok with the players he has, let's face it some of them are shit.

On the other hand, it was McGhee who made a bit of an arse of the last transfer window (and is possibly heading the same way in this one) by making public all our transfer targets and then leaving himself open to criticism when they all sign for other clubs.

I want him to succeed. I want us to win the Scottish cup.  I want my kids to feel that feeling.

The myth about 'JIGgers' wanting MM to fail is absolute nonsense.

On the field I think McGhee is doing ok with the players he has, let's face it some of them are shit.

On the other hand, it was McGhee who made a bit of an arse of the last transfer window (and is possibly heading the same way in this one) by making public all our transfer targets and then leaving himself open to criticism when they all sign for other clubs.

I want him to succeed. I want us to win the Scottish cup.  I want my kids to feel that feeling.

The myth about 'JIGgers' wanting MM to fail is absolute nonsense.

The myth that any Dons fan wants McGhee to fail is absoloute nonsense.

Having had a peek over at the hat, some amount of shite appears to be flying in all directions. The need to compare McGhee to anything that occurred before he arrived is self-defeating. Take the squad on its merits. Take each game on its merits. Take McGhee on his merits.

Back in the real world, he could be doing better, but hopefully we'll get a finisher in this month. Having scored so infrequently and yet still lying 6th, a few goals here and there would make a considerable difference.

I want my kids to feel that feeling.

:thumbsup:

I want (wish) that my son grows up supporting the Dons with the same fervour and passion that I have. Unfortunately however the longer the malaise goes on at Todders, i think this will be unlikely.....

... now where is that Hot Cash Injection coming from?

STAND FREE!

The need to compare McGhee to anything that occurred before he arrived is self-defeating. Take the squad on its merits. Take each game on its merits. Take McGhee on his merits.

Agree with you Azteca, but I can understand comparisons because without them we have no yardstick. But those comparisons have to be done in the right way and I don't think that's always happening from either side of the "divide" as it were. MM is getting away with stuff he shouldn't be over on the hat, and I think at times there's a snidey, prickly (apt  ;) ) attitude to MM here which really is uncalled for a lot of the time in my view.  The other side of the coin is that JC gets some awful abuse from some very short sighted people with apparent amnesia.

When we're all on the same side, there should never be anyone wanting to say "I told you so", which is what seems is happening from some.

Agree with you Azteca, but I can understand comparisons because without them we have no yardstick. But those comparisons have to be done in the right way and I don't think that's always happening from either side of the "divide" as it were. MM is getting away with stuff he shouldn't be over on the hat, and I think at times there's a snidey, prickly (apt  ;) ) attitude to MM here which really is uncalled for a lot of the time in my view.  The other side of the coin is that JC gets some awful abuse from some very short sighted people with apparent amnesia.

When we're all on the same side, there should never be anyone wanting to say "I told you so", which is what seems is happening from some.

Perhaps the comparison isn't the unreasonable aspect, but the defence of McGhee's shortcomingsthrough blame on his predecessor. Where we finish at the end of the season will be down to the current incumbent more than anyone else, after all, so he shouldn't be exempt from fair criticism.

By the same token, I would be highly surprised if there were any supporters who aren't backing MM at the moment.

Edit: Ambiguity removed  ;)

Perhaps the comparison isn't the unreasonable aspect, but the defence of McGhee's shortcomingsthrough blame on his predecessor. Where we finish at the end of the season will be down to the current incumbent more than anyone else, after all, so he shouldn't be exempt from fair criticism.

By the same token, I would be highly surprised if there were any supporters who aren't backing MMG at the moment.

That you saying McGhee Must Go already ;)

Guest rocket debris

Good post and thoroughly reasonable.

However, you said he "gets some awful abuse". For insulting people of the North East on one hand and AFC fans everywhere in the manner that he did, from day one and frequently, I reckon it's remarkable that he didn't get greater vitriol.

However, you said he "gets some awful abuse". For insulting people of the North East on one hand and AFC fans everywhere in the manner that he did, from day one and frequently, I reckon it's remarkable that he didn't get greater vitriol.

Genuine question, but who are we talking about?

Good post and thoroughly reasonable.

What did he do that you think insulted AFC fans? (not saying he didn't at one point, just curious to hear what it is in particular you're thinking of)

from the DAFC game onwards, I wanted him out - I thought he probably should have gone after QotS but could understand a bit of loyalty being shown towards him.  As a person, I was never a big fan of his, as a manager of Aberdeen (the only thing that should count) I thought he did a good job overall and restored the respectability our club had lost years previously.  He got the club up off it's knees and I think he deserves for us all to remember that and appreciate it.  Some of the petty name calling and viciousness towards him is extremely sad. If it wasn't for his good work, we wouldn't be bitching about a 1-0 loss in Paisley so much, something I think we should keep in mind.