Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Site Upgrades

Reekie_Red

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. But in order to upgrade the site to the new software version, I had to disable almost all the little tools, addons and features moments before upgrading. After upgrading the site I reenabled most of the tools, but despite testing these successfully on the test-site, it's only once the site is in use by you guys that the issues are starting to appear.

For example, there's heaps of features that I don't use on a regular basis (some not at all!) that I know some of you do use. So testing the new software was only really achievable by getting you guys to point out any problems you're having.

Copying and pasting from websites like redweb and bbc sport is now a total mess by the way.  :o

Ah, I've just seen what you mean in the "Bring A Buddy" thread. No version of DonsTalk has ever allowed HTML to be incorporated in posts. Allowing full html is just too risky, and those with the right html coding knowledge can embed viruses, malware and spyware within html that yer everyday DonsTalker wouldn't have a clue even existed ... until their computer becomes infected.

Ah, I've just seen what you mean in the "Bring A Buddy" thread. No version of DonsTalk has ever allowed HTML to be incorporated in posts. Allowing full html is just too risky, and those with the right html coding knowledge can embed viruses, malware and spyware within html that yer everyday DonsTalker wouldn't have a clue even existed ... until their computer becomes infected.

Well that's a lie.

But I agree that full HTML support in posts is a gay idea.

I'd prefer if FJ were to remain as the main candidate for passing on viruses.

I'd also like it if the new link to the Chatroom didn't pull you away from the main site, whereas before it opened a new window so you could run both at the same time.

And there's no longer any smilies in the Quick Reply or else you'd have a thumbs up to go along with the 'keep up the good work min'.

I'd prefer if FJ were to remain as the main candidate for passing on viruses.

I'd also like it if the new link to the Chatroom didn't pull you away from the main site, whereas before it opened a new window so you could run both at the same time.

And there's no longer any smilies in the Quick Reply or else you'd have a thumbs up to go along with the 'keep up the good work min'.

You can just press the scroll(in the middle of the mouse) button thing and it opens up any page in a new tab without taking you away from the site you're already on.

I'd also like it if the new link to the Chatroom didn't pull you away from the main site

I can alter this. Might be a few days before I can get around to altering it though, as I've got heaps on this weekend and next week. But I'll get around to it!

And there's no longer any smilies in the Quick Reply

That's something that I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. Don't reckon it'll be fixed for another few weeks, but it WILL be fixed, as it's something I use regularly too.

Reekie, any chance we could the links back to the forum at the bottom of topics please?

This is something that I'm working on. This and the smileys on the quick reply are the two main things missing at the moment. The link at the bottom of the page is something the developers missed out on purpose on the current build of the software, but I've spoken with them and they aim to have it back in the next build, which is due for release in a couple of weeks.

Any chance while you're tinkering you could add this smiley for me - 33u4mc9.gif

I'll buy you a pie next time you're at the Pitt if you do.

There's already something very similar to this on the "More" smileys list ... see  :clap: :clap:

Do you specifically want this one? 33u4mc9.gif

If only...

I'm also getting a message now saying "You last post was less than 1 second ago. Please try again later".

1 second? How the fuck is that even possible!?

Dunno, it happens to me every now and then, I just copy what i've written then click the topic and paste it in again. Usually fine after then. It is a bit of an annoyance though!