Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

John Sutton

Guest innesciver

Guest innesciver

With The P&J stating that Jimmy has given the FIK boy 48 hours for an answer, is it worth pursuing this???  Why not offer John Sutton a contract.  He has been a handful in every game I've seen him.  Surely a better prospect that Fik.  At least we know what we'd be getting?

With The P&J stating that Jimmy has given the FIK boy 48 hours for an answer, is it worth pursuing this???  Why not offer John Sutton a contract.  He has been a handful in every game I've seen him.  Surely a better prospect that Fik.  At least we know what we'd be getting?

i think sutton will be go to the lower english leagues.

if fik doesnt sign then i think we should be looking for another central midfielder

Guest kilted1

I agree there - with Lovell, Miller, Mackie, Maguire, Brewster, and Jamie Smith all capable (arguable I know) of playing up front we should be looking for a central midfielder. However, saying that, Steven Thompson was transfer listed by Cardiff and if JC is looking for a big physical target man is he worth a look? John Sutton may be more realistic financially though.

I agree there - with Lovell, Miller, Mackie, Maguire, Brewster, and Jamie Smith all capable (arguable I know) of playing up front we should be looking for a central midfielder. However, saying that, Steven Thompson was transfer listed by Cardiff and if JC is looking for a big physical target man is he worth a look? John Sutton may be more realistic financially though.

I'd rather not be in a position where Brewster gets anywhere near the pitch so lets go out and get a striker

with Lovell, Miller, Mackie, Maguire, Brewster, and Jamie Smith all capable (arguable I know) of playing up front we should be looking for a central midfielder

Agreed. It's all very well having the best strikers that Bosman-rules can buy. But even Henry would struggle with the lack of supply our strikers get. We've got Smith and Nicholson in the attacking midfield roles (and probably this new chappy De Visscher too, but I will reserve judgment until he's played a game for us). But when either of these two attacking midfielders is injured, we are left with next to nothing that can feed our strikers the kind of quality balls that they need to get goals with.

We need a player like Jess who can take the ball from the midfield and create something upfront that the strikers can develop into a chance. I ain't saying sign Jess, cos he's retired now. But someone LIKE him.