Top Posters In This Topic

Inverness just scored a 93rd minute penalty at ibrox  :o

:lolabove:

The sad thing about that is ICT have won twice at Ibrox since 1991

And hearts make it 2-1 in 92mins

:hammer:

Oh well Seve lifting the cup looks like our best option for europe now

That league table looks pish now.

Hearts deserve third anyway. Beaten us, United and Well in a row when it really matters.

True, although we managed three wins vs hearts, killie away and celtic and point with rangers in five games (we'll ignore the accies game)

I suspect 8pts is too much at this stage but given the league this season who knows, no matter how unlikely, I mean the huns conceded a last min pen tonight!!!

btw did I see on SSN that Weir got sent off for swearing?  Megalol!

We normally finish strong so we have a some chance still.

Heres words that I didnt think could ever be put in the same sentance - Ryan Esson has been part of a team that has won at Ibrox :o That is proof that we can still make 3rd if that has happened

4th place gets a Euro spot anyway, albeit at an earlier stage. United are definitely catchable for that space.

4th gets you into the 2nd qualifying round, 1st leg 16th July, 2nd leg 23rd July

3rd gets you into the 3rd qualifying round, 30th July/6th august

Cup Winners gets you into the 4th qualifying round (final round before the groups), 20/27th August

Proposed SPL start 8th August (or 15th if Burley gets his way)

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2009.html

No idea what happens if the cup is won by one of the old firm, surely the cup losers don't get straight into the 4th qualifier?

I didn't think the cup losers got into Europe anymore? Does it not go to 5th?

pretty sure the sfa didn't get their way and the losers still go in.  I have a feeling they end up getting the booby prize of 2nd qualifier entry however.

btw

Rangers v ICT

Goals 0-1

Shots On 8-0

Corners 13-0

Ref: C. Murray :clap:

They don't need to shoot!! :headbanger:

pretty sure the sfa didn't get their way and the losers still go in.  I have a feeling they end up getting the booby prize of 2nd qualifier entry however.

So that would that mean that 3rd and 4th go in 1 stage later?

Surely finishing 4th aint that bad anyway. Will give us the chance to pump someone from Estonia before going into the round we would have if we had finished 3rd.

So that would that mean that 3rd and 4th go in 1 stage later?

Surely finishing 4th aint that bad anyway. Will give us the chance to pump someone from Estonia before going into the round we would have if we had finished 3rd.

good table here that gives an idea of which countries' clubs enter when

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/access2009.html

Lets just win the cup, makes things easier :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Found this on the same excellent webiste:

If the cup winner of a country also qualifies for the Champions League, then the losing team of the cup final is qualified for the UEFA Cup. If both cup finalists qualify for the Champions League, then an additional team based on league position will be qualified. However, the losing cup finalist does not get the UEFA Cup cup-winner spot, but is treated as a league entrant. The 'cup- winner' spot of that country goes to the team with the highest league position. In some countries (England and France) the last league entrant position is given to the League Cup Winner.

The place for the defending cup holder is only used when that team has not otherwise qualified for either the Champions League or the UEFA Cup. If this place is not used then the cup winner of the 14th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 1st round round, and the cup winners of the 19th and 20th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 2nd qualifying round.