Mackie Rubbish Again !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said he was a 'world beater'...

never said you did

... but who are we going to sell him too?

Who said anything about selling him

... or are we going to pay a player not to play?

what like jamie smith

... and who is going to score the few goals that we get

exactly my point the few goals we get and as mackie is our main striker dont you think he must take some of the blame

... and I thought the transfer window was now closed?

yes it has but im sure we have other players we could give a chance

... I do think we'll see Maguire start to get a game as the season progresses. We are already paying Miller & Jamie Smith decent wages apparently - so how the fuck do we get rid of Mackie to bring in someone who costs as much as Miller or Smith.

the mistake was giving him a new contract in my opinion

In my opinion - from what I guess Mackie gets paid - he is good value for money.

were miles apart here but we all have our own opinion

I am a realist - this is not the point in the season for kneejerk 'get to fuck' statements from the crowd. It's about supporting what we've got to finish as strongly as possible.

kneejerk not at all i have been saying all season that mackie is not good enough for aberdeen

He will score important goals for us in the cup games on the way to lifting the Homecoming Scottish Cup 2009 - trust me on that one  :thumbsup:

time will tell and he does get the odd important goal but just not enough for an out and out striker

i wonder how many "darren mackie must go" threads i have seen over the years?  Must be at least 30-40.  Dont care though, i quite like mackie.  Why when he's clearly not that good?  Well he really puts a shift in, has a record of scoring important goals, told utd to get to fuck when offered as part ex for miller, and whilst not a consistent goal threat he is right pain in the arse for defenders to play against.  Also in recent years his touch has improved considerably (in the skovdahl years an exploding land mine would keep better control off a pass) and finally the guy would go through a brick wall for aberdeen.  You NEED people like this in your squad, helps keep the other players motivated.  I think he is a player that is always going to divide the support but in the 10 years he's been in the 1st team he's done more good than bad i reckon

i wonder how many "darren mackie must go" threads i have seen over the years?  Must be at least 30-40.  Dont care though, i quite like mackie.  Why when he's clearly not that good?  Well he really puts a shift in, has a record of scoring important goals, told utd to get to fuck when offered as part ex for miller, and whilst not a consistent goal threat he is right pain in the arse for defenders to play against.  Also in recent years his touch has improved considerably (in the skovdahl years an exploding land mine would keep better control off a pass) and finally the guy would go through a brick wall for aberdeen.  You NEED people like this in your squad, helps keep the other players motivated.  I think he is a player that is always going to divide the support but in the 10 years he's been in the 1st team he's done more good than bad i reckon

This made me :rofl:  : but I very much agree with everything you said.  :thumbsup::clap:

Best post in the thread.  :thumbsup:

This made me :rofl:  : but I very much agree with everything you said.  :thumbsup::clap:

Best post in the thread.  :thumbsup:

The bit in bold is an almost possible thing to measure. The opposite said of that could equally be true.