Kowalski

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

New documentary coming in January 2010.

Just watched, it was excellent.  :thumbsup:

Lots of footage from last year's concerts, interspersed with the history of the band and some great candid interviews.  They are very honest about many things - each other, drugs, Oasis etc...

Get it watched!  ;D

Just watched, it was excellent.  :thumbsup:

Lots of footage from last year's concerts, interspersed with the history of the band and some great candid interviews.  They are very honest about many things - each other, drugs, Oasis etc...

Get it watched!  ;D

Just watched this Kow and I loved it.  Lovely reminder of how baggy they were around the time of She's So High and There's No Other Way.  I've always thought Graham was a bit of a knob but I thought he came across as alright on that and I ended up feeling a bit sorry for him.  Was a wee bit disappointed there wasn't more of Dave, either from himself or stories from the others.  He's regarded as the drunkest member of a very drunk group and there seems to be a bit of mystery around him altogether.

Was delighted "Sing" was played towards the end of the film, one of the finest moments of any gig I've ever been at was them doing "Sing" at the Barras... fucking epic.

Just watched this Kow and I loved it.  Lovely reminder of how baggy they were around the time of She's So High and There's No Other Way.  I've always thought Graham was a bit of a knob but I thought he came across as alright on that and I ended up feeling a bit sorry for him.  Was a wee bit disappointed there wasn't more of Dave, either from himself or stories from the others.  He's regarded as the drunkest member of a very drunk group and there seems to be a bit of mystery around him altogether.

Was delighted "Sing" was played towards the end of the film, one of the finest moments of any gig I've ever been at was them doing "Sing" at the Barras... fucking epic.

:thumbsup:

Graham seems to have a weird whiny voice.

Great documentary though.

I reckon I was at the same gig at the Barras, and remember Sing being played.  Saw them twice at the Barras.

I reckon I was at the same gig at the Barras, and remember Sing being played.  Saw them twice at the Barras.

They had big vertical individual lights behind them when that came on, must have been about 20 lights in total and one would go on, then another and it would build up with the song, just added to the atmosphere of a really jumpin, sweaty barras. wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Blur have announced the title for the brand new song they have recorded for Record Store Day on Saturday (April 17).

The band have named the song as 'Fool's Day', the first track all four members have recorded together since 'Think Tank' album track 'Battery In Your Leg', released in 2003.

For more information see Blur.co.uk. The boss of the band's label EMI hopes the track will spur the band on to making even more new music together.

The song, which will not be available digitally, is being released on a seven-inch vinyl, limited to 1,000 copies, which will only be sold in independent record shops in the UK from this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...