Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went down to get my "Bring a Buddie" ticket today at lunchtime.

There was no queue

There was nobody even at the ticket office!

And there was about 18,000 empty seats left in the south stand by the look of things.

I can't see cheap tickets doing much for the crowd. I've got a season ticket and I can't be arsed going.

Jimmy Calderwood spoke to the press at lunchtime as he previewed tomorrow nights game.

"Team news is a little bit better. The long term ones, Jamie Smith is still out, Tommy Wright, Stuart Duff, and Bossu. Considine and Mair are both available again.

"There is a big incentive for us to win as it will take us back into the top six. We are still angry after Saturday but we need to get on with it and it is good there is a game so soon. 8 or 9 out of the 14 goals conceded this season have been down to individual mistakes from good professionals. We need to cut it out. I thought second half attacking wise on Saturday was as well as we have played all season and hopefully we can take that into tomorrow night.

"It will be a very difficult game for us. Gus MacPherson has done a great job at the club in consolidating their position in the SPL to the extent that their next objective is to break into the top six. I think it is the best squad Gus has had since they came up. I heard they were unlucky on Saturday. They are a difficult team to break down away from home as they are very well organised.

"We did very well to win at Love Street earlier in the season and when we met them here last season, although we won comfortably in terms of the score, Darren Mackie scores the winner last timethe result certainly flattered us that day.

"It's another huge game for us. Having enjoyed such a wonderful home record last season, including being unbeaten in our UEFA Cup ties, the home performances this time round have been so disappointing. That said, having now got that monkey off of our back with the win over Killie, it is really important that we drive on from that result and start winning regularly here.

"However, make no mistake, Saints will make it extremely difficult for us and if we are to take all three points, then we really will have to perform at the top of our game."

Will we score more than one goal for a change?

Aberdeen: Langfield, Foster, Kerr, Diamond, Severin, Considine, Aluko, Mulgrew, Miller, Mackie, Young.

St. Mirren: Howard, Ross, Miranda, Mason, Haining, Potter, Murray, Dorman, Mehmet, Hamilton, Cuthbert.

You'd think it would be:

Langfield

Foster Diamond Considine Mulgrew

Young  Kerr  Seve  Aluko

Miller  Mackie

Or is that too simple for Jimmy?         

I'm hoping for

Langfield

Foster    Diamond  Consi  Mulgrew

Young    Seve    Kerr      Aluko

Mackie      Miller

But can see this

Langfield

Seve

Diamond        Consi

Foster                    Mulgrew

Young      Kerr

Mackie                          Aluko

Miller

I'm hoping for

Langfield

Foster    Diamond   Consi   Mulgrew

Young     Seve     Kerr       Aluko

Mackie      Miller

But can see this

Langfield

Seve

Diamond        Consi

Foster                     Mulgrew

Young      Kerr

Mackie                          Aluko

Miller

Ah, the famous christmas bauble formation ???