Deano to return in January?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah man, the temper gave him that edge!!

Saw him playing against hearts pre-season and he was very good when he came on the second half. Topcorner and I cant believe how Hull are so high in the league as the day they were all shite except Deano.

Guest swaddon

In January we will have a forward pairing of Deano and Robbie Winters,

now, what's Duncan Shearer and Eoin Jess doing?

maybe tempt sicknote Booth back from Setanta?

Joey Harper might still be able to do a job for us. It's a pity Frank McDougall has his pub now, he'd be awesome up front. Imagine a forward line of Harper, Windass, Jess, Booth and McDougall. Then we'd easily get the 30 goal target that the strikers were set.

It's not always all about the money, scotfree! Of all the clubs he could play for, why do you think he is currently with Hull City? For money? No! For the love of the club? Yes!

It's no secret that Deano loved his time with us. He was a solid fans' favourite at a time when we also had the likes of Duncan Shearer, Billy Dodds, Eoin Jess and Scott Booth on our books. He's had some bumper payday deals with some half-decent English sides, and has been to Wembley a few times too on cup-final duty.

Ever thought he might want to come back to Pittodrie to rekindle his relationship he had with the Red Army?

It's not always all about the money, scotfree! Of all the clubs he could play for, why do you think he is currently with Hull City? For money? No! For the love of the club? Yes!

It's no secret that Deano loved his time with us. He was a solid fans' favourite at a time when we also had the likes of Duncan Shearer, Billy Dodds, Eoin Jess and Scott Booth on our books. He's had some bumper payday deals with some half-decent English sides, and has been to Wembley a few times too on cup-final duty.

Ever thought he might want to come back to Pittodrie to rekindle his relationship he had with the Red Army?

Romantic bollocks. Football doesn't work like that as much as we would love it too.

Why not?

He's always saying how all he wants to do is play, and that he loved it here, why wouldn't he come back?

I won't say there is no chance of it happening as it's obviously not completely beyond the realms of possibility but there are tens of thousands of examples against a handful of exceptions where footballers have made these types of moves so I am sticking with my notion that its romantic bollocks for now  ;)

I heard an interesting story regarding Eoin Jess. His brother was ten times the player Eoin was, but Eoin's brother disappeared abroad to work and a month later Eoin made it.

Eoin admits this himself, he always said his brother was the better player and I've heard this from couple of guys who grew up with the Jess brothers.

It was quite interesting to hear actually.

Ex-Aberdeen and Scotland U18 midfielder Russell Duncan wasn't even the best player in his group of mates. I used to see him and his mates having a kick-around in Stoney when he was a kid, and two of his mates in particular were VERY impressive. Ran circles around Duncan.

Yet Duncan is the one who went on to be a pro footballer, and the other two ... well, I think they work office jobs.