Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good points Jager,

I feel that with regards results, we have been unlucky to a point.  We played well and  SHOULD have beaten tims and hivs.  I think that has been broken now. 

Our away form last season was shocking.  We just need to keep it up now.

I think the Scottish Cup is a big one for Calderwood.  The only way of exorcising last seasons ghosts is to have a GOOD run, ie with a trip to hampen.

M belief is that training facilities are becoming more and more important for us.  The lack of proper facilities is embarassing and can only hold us back results wise on a weekly basis andcertaintly dont help with injuries.  The amount of injuries cused last season in training was a disgrace.

I even think the Pittodrie pies have been better the past couple of seasons! 

Have Aberdeen turned the corner and are we about to climb the table for that UEFA spot?

Few comments regarding Severin being vocal and organising things - what we've been wanting from him as captain.  Hopefully this will continue.

Jimmy seems to be spouting less shite than normal - although some folk will still dissect every word looking for that one phrase to put the  :hammer: smiley beside.

Jamie Smith back - he can turn it on if he wants... fingers crossed he stays injury free.  Mulgrew back next week hopefully.  Squad hopefully settling but I thought the Kerr/MacDonald partnership was going to be a goodun but we never saw it last weekend.

Good performances at celtic and hibs - shite at falkirk but got the points.

Massive game this weekend... in fact massive run of games up until the new year.

I'm confident the worst is behind us and we'll be heading up the league... don't care how - just want us in that euro spot come next May.

Hopeful (again) of a good run in the scottish cup (I'll be pissed off if anyone bar huns or tims knock us out though, obviously i'll be pissed off if they do too) - not bothered in the slightest about being out of the CIS cup if it means we'll be stronger in the remaining competitions.

Bit pissed off we never hear anything from the chairman these days - but do we ever hear anything from any other SPL chairman outside celtic or rangers (or dundeh united). AGM coming up soon - so he'll hopefully nae be able to duck sensible questions.

Club shop has some ok merchandise in - hopefully we're making some money from that side of things.

Mizer liked the macaroni pies - so even the catering is looking up - I'll stick to the bags of AFC Rock though  :P

I've said it before... it's always easier to be negative about the way the club is run, without necessarily being well informed - I remember as a hot heided youth I used to slag off Milne like fuck... I think the club is being run fairly well now though... maybe not enough youth coming through.

The stadium issue is going to become a major one very soon I think... hopefully Milne will have some answers at the AGM for us shareholders.  No news on the feasibility study.  But with the debt repayment date nearing - we need some answers.  Without a new stadium the issue of training facilities will also remain unanswered... maybe we'll see the building of a Milne Park?

Come On You Reds!!!

:AFC::AFC2::AFC::AFC2: :AFC2: :AFC::AFC2::AFC:

As I said in live chat on Saturday, how can we think the corner has been turned after our first points in a month and a half. In a game against a team who were at the bottom with us, also on a bad run and they dominated (by the sound of it on the radio).

This Saturdays game is a far better test and we will know a lot more about the team then.

Agreed Mizer

We NEED three points, but will we be happy with a DRAW?

Hearts are doing ok just now and being away from home? 

A draw would be a good result imo. Hearts looked pretty decent on Sunday and Tynecastle is always a hard place get a result.

Agreed Mizer

We NEED three points, but will we be happy with a DRAW?

Hearts are doing ok just now and being away from home? 

I'd settle for a draw I think. I obviously want us to go for the full three points but I certainly wouldn't be downhearted with a point. Tough place to go to and we just need to be solid just now, which in turn will help us turn that corner we have been turning since Christmas 1994...

help us turn that corner we have been turning since Christmas 1994...

Mate, it's not a corner. No corner can last this long without being a continuous, infinite corner. My verdict? We're stuck on the fuckin Haudig'n Roundabout!

Seriously though, I thought we'd seen the last of "have Aberdeen turned the corner yet?" three years ago. I thought we'd been pretty solid for the past three seasons with gradual progress being made in the right direction. Then half our squad disappeared and got replaced with a group of players who are STILL not confident in playing alongside one another. Of course, I speak of the Kerr/McDonald partnership. When is this midfield partnership gonna finally click?

Until it does, I think we seriously need to look at consistently playing Seve in the midfield. Stop juggling him between defence and midfield and just sit him in the position that he's most comfortable in.

And Smith? He's just come out saying "I want to play in the middle, I'm most comfortable there". On his day, he's probably our most dangerous player. So why not give him his wish and let him play where he is most comfortable.

Do not think you can say that we have turned the corner after winning one game. Can only say that if we go on an undefeated run that sees us getting back up the table into a position that sees us challanging for 3rd. Anything less is still going backwards on last few seasons. Also think the style of football has to improve to get folk back through the gates and watching the team again.

Guest swaddon

If we're in the top half of the table by the time Santa has packed away the sled for another year and is getting ready for the North Pole New Year party, then I'll be happy. Well, a bit less miserable. I'm never happy.

If we're in the top half of the table by the time Santa has packed away the sled for another year and is getting ready for the North Pole New Year party, then I'll be happy. Well, a bit less miserable. I'm never happy.

Completely agree. My prozac led prediction of 3rd by December suits me much more though ;)

You keep on worrying, midlife, keep telling us how bad it all is, how milne's to blame, how it'll never get better, how you've no solutions but plenty of rants, you're in yer element with all that shite.

That would be one way of looking at it. Another would be to acknowledge the facts in front of your stupid little face.

The facts include: -

An inept manager now in his fifth year.

Previous managers recruited by our current chairman, also hopelessly inept.

A chairman who's business transaction with AFC put us in debt for the first time in our 90 year history.

Milne used his creditor position to leverage himself on to the board, and then to assume total control.

After two share issues injecting fresh, new funds into the club, we still manage to mismanage the club finances.

The club have now gone into crippling debt, from which we have only the sale of Pittodrie to wipe out out current and long term liabilities.

No funds in order to build a training ground, let alone the £54m required for a new stadium, and no further assets beyond Pittodrie.

A regime at AFC plc that has dismantled and made redundant, the only vehicles that the supporters had to communicate with the club.

Consistent PR coming from the club that incredulously lays the blame at the feet of the fans.

A bitter ex-manager, with hopeless business and management record, recruited as DoF for the sole reason to provide a stooge for the under-fire chairman.

A chairman who promised that the product would always be the priority.

The football side of the business being so bad that long term supporters are being driven away.

A period of the longest ever in our lifetimes without a trophy. Worryingly, not even getting close to one.

Playing squad now at the worst ever, with no realistic prospect of being the third best in Scotland.

Having been 2nd in the SPL two years before our chairman took control, we are now no better than the majority of clubs in the division.

Some see the problems. Others deny they exist. We can never move forward until concensus on the problem-identification process exists. How can pressure be brought to bear on the decision-makers, and solutions pursued whilst some fools don't even see the whole picture. Then again, most of you internet mannies don't go and therefore don't appreciate the reality. Fortunately, real fans in the real world are starting to itch. If you were there on Saturday, you would have heard "You don't know what you're doing". The tide is turning all right, but not in the direction you deniers-of-reality would like.

Don't even start with yer real fans pish, bunny boiler  >:D

Can't move forward without consensus? - but I thought you were the biggest most intellectual aberdeen fan with powers of ultra-persuasion backed up by facts - or maybe your facts are pish so nobody wants to be on your bandwagon?  Well, by now you should have realised that you'll never get consensus amongst Aberden fans... and why the fuck would anybody would want to be in allegiance beside you being the internet nutcase you are?  Looks like you'll be a one man mission cunto!

So your plan is to get ALL the problems listed then come up with a solution? Would one at at time not be better?

Come on, just once, give us your proposed solution to just one of your perceived prolems?  Just one, surely not difficult to come up with ONE?  Maybe to do with the stadium and debt repaying? you decide... i await... prick

Its pointless arguing, he's bipolar.  :wave:

Don't even start with yer real fans pish, bunny boiler  >:D

Can't move forward without consensus? - but I thought you were the biggest most intellectual aberdeen fan with powers of ultra-persuasion backed up by facts - or maybe your facts are pish so nobody wants to be on your bandwagon?  Well, by now you should have realised that you'll never get consensus amongst Aberden fans... and why the fuck would anybody would want to be in allegiance beside you being the internet nutcase you are?  Looks like you'll be a one man mission cunto!

So your plan is to get ALL the problems listed then come up with a solution? Would one at at time not be better?

Come on, just once, give us your proposed solution to just one of your perceived prolems?  Just one, surely not difficult to come up with ONE?  Maybe to do with the stadium and debt repaying? you decide... i await... prick

I accept your point re "problem identification process". My words were poor. What I was trying to say is that until the majority of fans agree on the problems, we can not expect to move forward. What I find incredible is that people on the internet who present themselves as Aberdeen fans deny that problems exist. Which one of the 15 problems that I listed were wrong? You want solutions, yet you fail to acknowledge the problems. It's pretty fucking obvious what changes have to be made, and if you're that thick that you need someone to spell it out for you, then so be it.

But before discussing the solutions, either confirm or deny the problems. A majority of AFC fans in the real world and on another chat site are starting to acknowledge the real root of the problems which are driving the crowds away. You need to take your head out of the sand to acknowledge them.

As for bunny boiler, who's the sad case getting all het up on the internet? You're a fucking beaut.

Then why criticise him so much if this is the case?

Isn't it obvious? Do you really need to ask this? Were you aware that he was a vocal critic and a representative of the AFCST?

Then Milne made him an offer he felt that he couldn't refuse. Given his business record of failure, he felt he had no option.

Milne wipes out the opposition in one fell swoop. Miller then presides over a useless period of football on the pitch, and gives fatman an extended contract when there was absolutely no need to. The crowds are voting with their feet. What part don't you get?

An inept manager now in his fifth year. results go against this point

Previous managers recruited by our current chairman, also hopelessly inept. correct

A chairman who's business transaction with AFC put us in debt for the first time in our 90 year history. correct

Milne used his creditor position to leverage himself on to the board, and then to assume total control. correct

After two share issues injecting fresh, new funds into the club, we still manage to mismanage the club finances. correct

The club have now gone into crippling debt, from which we have only the sale of Pittodrie to wipe out out current and long term liabilities. crippling is maybe a strong term

No funds in order to build a training ground, let alone the £54m required for a new stadium, and no further assets beyond Pittodrie. we don't even own Pittodrie - doesn't matter how some spin it - we don't own it.

A regime at AFC plc that has dismantled and made redundant, the only vehicles that the supporters had to communicate with the club. you labour under the impression we are anything but 'customers' to them

Consistent PR coming from the club that incredulously lays the blame at the feet of the fans. that's just spin

A bitter ex-manager, with hopeless business and management record, recruited as DoF for the sole reason to provide a stooge for the under-fire chairman. He's a pointless wage, but the downturn of AFC can be tracked back to his sacking as manager

A chairman who promised that the product would always be the priority. but has never backed that up - but was seen dancing round the changing rooms in the uefa campaign last year - dancing with players he was about to offload

The football side of the business being so bad that long term supporters are being driven away. you mean we play shite football - i put it to you that it's Milne's fault shite players = shite football - and yes, we have shite players

A period of the longest ever in our lifetimes without a trophy. Worryingly, not even getting close to one. 2 semis last year canbe counted as close, as for the league or europe - never again - "big" clubs are making it too hard for the rest

Playing squad now at the worst ever, with no realistic prospect of being the third best in Scotland. correct

Having been 2nd in the SPL two years before our chairman took control, we are now no better than the majority of clubs in the division. correct, probably worse

Some see the problems. Others deny they exist. We can never move forward until concensus on the problem-identification process exists. How can pressure be brought to bear on the decision-makers, and solutions pursued whilst some fools don't even see the whole picture. Then again, most of you internet mannies don't go and therefore don't appreciate the reality. Fortunately, real fans in the real world are starting to itch. If you were there on Saturday, you would have heard "You don't know what you're doing". The tide is turning all right, but not in the direction you deniers-of-reality would like.

As for the moving forward - that's a load of c*ck. It doesn't matter a f*ck what any of us fans think - until we have some proper say at the club - instead of buying diddy shares that matter not a f*ck, we would all have been better putting that money and some serious organisation towards getting the club into fans control and telling Milne to GTF.