Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What needs to change?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is that not what Romanov was going to do?

Aberdeen FC simply doesn't have the supporter base to get investment to even a fraction of the degree you are talking about.  On top of that we are faced with the OF who will occupy the top2 places 9 times out of 10, regardless.

In any case I wouldn't want some faceless foreign millionaire to come and use afc as his play thing for a few years until he gets bored.  Although afc is a small club in european terms we are a big enough club in Scottish terms to believe that if we are run well we should be challenging for europe and cups every year.  No doubt this is an unrealistic expectation on my part, but if the club really don't share these ambitions then the gradual drift of support away from Pittodrie will turn into a tidal wave.

Romanov is small fish compared to the arabs, and the proper russians investing in the EPL.

As for the supporters base argument, even if Man City fill eastlands, they aren't going to pay the wages of robinho each week, never mind the new recruits that will come in in january - so clearly these investors aren't worried about how many people actually turn up - but they will turn up en masse, as the product on show will be good.

It's your opinion that you don't want a faceless billionaire in, but I have a feeling AFC is going to the wall under Milne.

No stadium, no players worth talking about, soon, no support going to games.

He *has* to go - I'd at least like someone else to have a go at "rescuing" the club before we do go out of business.

And we can all apply the "we need to run a good financial ship to survive" charge - but if we don't have a team worth watching - we'll soon be playing in the highland league albeit with a "good" financial footing.

back on topic...

Jimmys major problem is his inability to build any rapport with the aberdeen fans which stems from his handling of the local press and his constant slagging of the fans and the players in the press. Its to late to fix that and he will be gone once the club go on a sustained bad run of form.Miller and Milne should be looking at the crowds this season because its looking worse than last season and the only option they have is to replace the manager (or give him money to buy some quality but that aint going to happen).

The bit in quotes is the way to go - more money on the playing staff - that is the solution.

I don't think we have a decent team at all - yes they could be more motivated than they are - would they sustain european position form - no - they aren't good enough.

Romanov is small fish compared to the arabs, and the proper russians investing in the EPL.

As for the supporters base argument, even if Man City fill eastlands, they aren't going to pay the wages of robinho each week, never mind the new recruits that will come in in january - so clearly these investors aren't worried about how many people actually turn up - but they will turn up en masse, as the product on show will be good.

It's your opinion that you don't want a faceless billionaire in, but I have a feeling AFC is going to the wall under Milne.

No stadium, no players worth talking about, soon, no support going to games.

He *has* to go - I'd at least like someone else to have a go at "rescuing" the club before we do go out of business.

And we can all apply the "we need to run a good financial ship to survive" charge - but if we don't have a team worth watching - we'll soon be playing in the highland league albeit with a "good" financial footing.

That's all very well but the arabs and russian oligarchs are attracted to the EPL because it is the EPL (see the SPL thread for a discussion about the hype and whether it is merited).

Owning a EPL team and splashing the cash is a big ego boost for these guys given the huge amount of press and free publicity they get, not just in the UK but around the world.

Buying a middle of the road SPL club just won't get you the same level of hype and publicity, hence much as we can only attract 2nd rate (at best) players we can only attract 2nd rate millionaires - Romanov, Di Stefano, Mileson etc.

There maybe someone out there with the cash and the interest to buy Aberdeen (although 10yrs of looking would suggest otherwise) but I would be amazed if any faceless, or otherwise, billionaire would come anywhere near Scotland, let alone Aberdeen