Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Celebrity Dons Fans

Guest swaddon

The Barras is the perfect venue, its just the right size, the acoustics seem to work perfectly, and the bar is right next to the stage. It's got a very unique feel/atmosphere and I wish more bands would play there. It seems to have become second choice for a lot of bands now.

Apparently its not the bands who don't choose to play there, but their promoters who obviously want to make the most possibly money from the gig. I got free Franz Ferdinand tickets the other week and saw them at Barrowlands and I was very impressed with the venue. I don't mind the Carling/O2 Academy, but the Barrowlands was special. The downstairs bar is FTW, served within a second during the gig  :thumbsup:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Barras is the perfect venue, its just the right size, the acoustics seem to work perfectly, and the bar is right next to the stage. It's got a very unique feel/atmosphere and I wish more bands would play there. It seems to have become second choice for a lot of bands now.

Don't forget that bouncy floating floor  :thumbsup:

Paul's a good guy - he does mention the dons as much as possible on his show, playing the European song as much as he can get away with as well.

Mentioning he was a Dandy while on stage at Hogmanay was probably not his best move ever though!

Football tops on chicks never has done it for me though - just seems slightly on the gay side - a bit like the scene in scary movie!

AS for celeb fans - Myself, TAKFT's son and Jim Leishman should all get mentions for appearing in the Sky advert for Wednesday's Game!

James Naughtie - Radio 4 Today programme presenter

Ally Ross - Sun columnist

Ian Robertson - BBC rugby correspondent

Paul Lawrie - Golfer

Peter Nicol Squash Player

Jane Frachi BBC journalist

Joyce Falconer – River city actress (Torry quine)

Peter Nicol went to the same high school as me, he's a Kemnay Loon!!!