Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Keigan Parker has reportedly signed!

Unconfirmed reports on other websites....

Bit of a gamble, but if JC can sort out his attitude problem, this could be an inspired signing. I remember him looking like a fantastic talent when he first broke through at St. Johnstone!

One thing is for sure, the pubs and clubs of Aberdeen will certainly welcome this signing... the ultimate "big(or should I say wee) man about town!"

If he has indeed signed, then I wish him all the best.  Will be a good signing if we can sort him out!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unconfirmed reports on other websites....

Bit of a gamble, but if JC can sort out his attitude problem, this could be an inspired signing. I remember him looking like a fantastic talent when he first broke through at St. Johnstone!

One thing is for sure, the pubs and clubs of Aberdeen will certainly welcome this signing... the ultimate "big(or should I say wee) man about town!"

If he has indeed signed, then I wish him all the best.  Will be a good signing if we can sort him out!

Hmmm, if it is true then only time will tell.

I won't slate him till his second game.

::)

Aberdeen boss has Parker in his sight

Parker in the frame for Pittodrie

By Andrew Moir

Published: 14/05/2008

DELIGHTED: Jimmy Calderwood.

More Pictures

DONS manager Jimmy Calderwood today revealed he will be chasing only one new striker this summer following Lee Miller’s decision to pen a new deal.

And ex-St Johnstone hitman Keigan Parker has emerged as the latest possible strike target for the Reds now that he’s been released by Blackpool.

Calderwood is relieved Miller has pledged his long-term future to the Pittodrie club as he believes it would have cost Aberdeen hundreds of thousands to replace a player of his quality.

“I’ll just be looking for one additional forward during the close season thanks to Lee’s decision to stay,†said Calderwood.

“I couldn’t be happier he’s staying for another two years and that certainly helps to lighten the workload this summer.

“It’s a major boost he’s signed on again and all the other lads seem to have taken a real lift from it.

“There was a real positive vibe during training and I’m convinced that’s because the other players are pleased Lee has decided to stay.â€

Calderwood has been busy scouring the English lower leagues for fresh talent and has already secured Oldham midfielder Gary McDonald on a pre-contract.

The Dons boss will need further reinforcements with Barry Nicholson on his way out this summer while several high-profile casualties have been given the chop.

He added: “If Lee had left and I had been forced to replace him, it would have cost us more than just a few quid.

“At his age and the form he has been in, you are looking at a hefty transfer fee for someone of his ability.

“Thankfully, I don’t have to look to get in a replacement and we can look forward to next season knowing Lee will be a major part of our team.

“We’ve been lucky to get Lee, Scott Severin and Jamie Smith in on free transfers but it’s getting harder to sign players of that class for nothing.â€

Calderwood will also now turn his attentions to two of his other players nearing the end of their deals.

Alan Maybury and Stuart Duff will both be out of contract in the summer.

The Aberdeen manager has yet to make a final call on whether the pair will be offered new deals but admits the pair have impressed.

“There is no update in terms of any developments with Alan or Stuart just yet,

“But both players have been playing extremely well in recent weeks and have done their chances of winning new contracts no harm at all.â€

Nothing at all in the story, just speculation from the internet

Guest bloo_toon_red

On a positive note he's not Mark Burchill.

I'd rather have Burchill to be honest.

That said, I've seen neither play for a while.

I would've thought we'd be signing a striker with a bit more physical presence.  Parker is just another Maguire.  Bottom 6 SPL striker at best.

As reported elsewhere he hasn't scored all this season although I'm sure I read over the last couple of weeks that he had been playing on the wing. Still, I think he has a better scoring record in League one than a certain Mr L Miller.

None of the names mentioned are particularly ambitious for the club though are they.  Shouldn't they be aiming for somebody really good?  Somebody that will get us excited and rushing to renew season tickets?  

Also we know Nicholson is leaving, but this 'massive overhaul' of the squad we keep hearing about cant just be for him, who else is heading out?

All the Bullshit about 12 players coming in etc etc was simply said to take the heat out of the QOS cup defeat.  Talk of Duff staying tells me we've got little to look forward to next season.

None of the names mentioned are particularly ambitious for the club though are they.  Shouldn't they be aiming for somebody really good?  Somebody that will get us excited and rushing to renew season tickets? 

Also we know Nicholson is leaving, but this 'massive overhaul' of the squad we keep hearing about cant just be for him, who else is heading out?

All the Bullshit about 12 players coming in etc etc was simply said to take the heat out of the QOS cup defeat.  Talk of Duff staying tells me we've got little to look forward to next season.

I think Duff has came on to a game as he has been deployed in his proper position.

Guest bloo_toon_red

I think Duff has came on to a game as he has been deployed in his proper position.

Were you at the game on Saturday?

Did you see the sloppy pass of his that led to their second goal?

None of the names mentioned are particularly ambitious for the club though are they.  Shouldn't they be aiming for somebody really good?  Somebody that will get us excited and rushing to renew season tickets?  

All the Bullshit about 12 players coming in etc etc was simply said to take the heat out of the QOS cup defeat.  Talk of Duff staying tells me we've got little to look forward to next season.

With the exception of the words 'Nicholson', 'Duff' and 'QOS' that statement could have been written anytime over the past 10 years leading upto the summer.