Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Robbie Stockdale to Pittodrie ??

http://www.tranmererovers-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDW1&id=390471

Rumours are today circulating in the local press that Tranmere Rovers right-back Robbie Stockdale could be set to leave the club in the summer to join Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen on a free-transfer.

The former Middlesbrough player, who has won five caps for Scotland, joined Tranmere on a two-year contract in July 2006 and it is believed that he may well join Aberdeen, currently sixth in the SPL, when that deal expires.

28-year old Stockdale has played an impressive 87 games for Tranmere since joining the club, with only two appearances from the bench, and many he would say he has been mainly solid during his time at the club.

A player who times his tackle often to perfection, Stockdale does sometimes get exposed for his lack of pace but that excellent tackling ability often gets him out of this problem, but he is still to get a goal in a Tranmere shirt.

Should the player leave in the summer, this may well pave to way for youngster Danny Holmes to make his debut, with the player having thoroughly impressed not only in the reserves over the past fews years but also during a two-month loan spell at Southport at the start of 2008.

It is believed that Stockdale, along with most of the other out of contract players at Tranmere this summer has been offered a new deal with the club.

Aye - doing the rounds on the boards.  Reckon an ok player who would be ok signing if he wasn't looking for a big wage but reckon he will most certainly be wanting a good wage to up sticks and move to Aberdeen.

Do Tranmere pay well? I wouldn't have thought so. I certainly wouldn't have thought they'd pay as much as a top-six SPL side.

I think any pay increase would lure someone like Stockdale north of the border. The chance to play in Scotland would be a big lure too, if he's hoping to get back into the Scotland International setup.

Guest ally s

If this is true I take it a deal for Maybury is unlikely?  That said I'm sure Maybury could slot in at left back if he were to sign for us.

Do Tranmere pay well? I wouldn't have thought so. I certainly wouldn't have thought they'd pay as much as a top-six SPL side.

I think any pay increase would lure someone like Stockdale north of the border. The chance to play in Scotland would be a big lure too, if he's hoping to get back into the Scotland International setup.

A quick word with Anderson will screw that notion.

Well said Reekie.  Scotland caps at the time Stockdale got them are worthless since Berti played any Tom, Dick or harry during his reign.  However, I do seem to remember Stockdale being a decent player at Boro, although I guess he could have gone down the road of Jodie Morris, Michael Bridges etc etc.

Well said Reekie.  Scotland caps at the time Stockdale got them are worthless since Berti played any Tom, Dick or harry during his reign.  However, I do seem to remember Stockdale being a decent player at Boro, although I guess he could have gone down the road of Jodie Morris, Michael Bridges etc etc.

He was bollocks at the Boro too.  :(

Guest Caroline B

Nae kiddin there! I got 2 caps myself and I was just walking past Hampden!