Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Weirdest Place You've Ever Watched Aberdeen Play?

21st of February 2008 an acquaintance locked me in his premises where he was a betting shop owner.  Was just some dingy looking thing from the outside next to smallest pub I've ever seen down a side road leading into Duns.

We were playing Bayern Munich in second leg of our Last 32 UEFA Cup tie in Munich where match was televised by Setanta Sports.  He'd asked me where I was watching it but none of the pubs we can go locally had above channel.

He said he'd close his shop for half five so I could sit in darkness and watch the 5.45pm kick-off from sitting on some really old gymnasium style wooden bench one had for punters to watch racing.

Pushed front door keys through letterbox as he left me in peace and told us to lock up and bring him the keys back first thing in morning.  So bizarre being locked in darkness with a TV supported by a triangle shaped wooded ledge in top corner of room being my only light.

Couldn't lock up properly so had to call my friend Brian to help us do so.

I really am starting to hate football generally speaking nowadays.  I understand now why David Bentley walked away from the game.  But at least the above experience will be worth remembering if nothing else despite the 5-1 thumping.      

Once got the hotel in San Francisco to open the bar at 4am so I watch a Dons v Celtic early kick off on the big screen. Ended up watching it with the cleaners and night porter who were all of Central American decent so all into football.  As it was Celtic we got gubbed as usual and they all thought I mad to have got up to watch it knowing we would get beat.